Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
You have a couple of choices:

The one that lifts under the triple clamp, and will let you remove and work on the forks:

Or the one that lifts under the fork bottoms, allowing you to spin the front wheel:

Shop here:

http://www.pit-bull.com/onlinestore.html

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
You have a couple of choices:

The one that lifts under the triple clamp, and will let you remove and work on the forks:

Get this one. You'll be capable of doing lots more stuff and purchasing other pins will allow you to use this on all of your other bikes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
unfortunately, I already have the one that lets you remove the forks. I use it on my 1098..but it hits the front cowl of the SC so it wont work. I need the other one for cleaning wheels i guess bummer

·
Registered
985 Posts
These are wonderful stands, beautifully made, stable, and easy to use. They made switching wheels a breeze. You'll need the type that lifts the bike at the triple clamp for that little chore, though. Shipping is fast. Just tell them what bike the stands are for, and the correct triple clamp pin will be supplied. These are so easy to use that I never bothered to mount my Ducati center stand kit, keeping the weight off of the bike and preserving cornering clearance. Be very careful of your front fender the first few times you use your new stands as there is not much clearance at the top.

·
Premium Member
6,048 Posts
These work great
It comes in two sections
one for lifting from the bottom of the forks
and the second attachment to lift under the tree.

To save the front hugger I wrapped a foam wrapping sheet on the bar incase it touches.
The front lift works best when using the rear pit bull stand to bring the bike upright and then use the front lift.
It's a one man job.

I have had both wheels off and the forks pulled using the two stands.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts