Votes: 30 24.0%
  • Urban Enduro

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought the Red Icon, but if I had the extra $1-2k, I would've went Full Throttle for the coolness factor.
For renting though, I would stick with Red, Yellow, Icon or a Classic. It will appeal to the masses, and are sooo cool.

I feel like the Enduro, Full Throttle, Cafe Racer are acquired tastes. Not everyone will like them.

·
Bon Vivant
10,738 Posts
I bought the Red Icon, but if I had the extra $1-2k, I would've went Full Throttle for the coolness factor.
For renting though, I would stick with Red, Yellow, Icon or a Classic. It will appeal to the masses, and are sooo cool.

I feel like the Enduro, Full Throttle, Cafe Racer are acquired tastes. Not everyone will like them.
I dont like the scrambler at all. but I do like the looks of Cafe Racer version, it doesnt look like a scrambler. I went and took a test ride on the CR because I do think its beautiful, and that made me sure - I dont like the scrambler.

·
Registered
27 Posts
No love for my favorite, the Flat Track Pro?

I like the flat track pro. Prolly because I’m a dirt biker. Gonna test ride one at the dealer this Saturday. We have many gravel roads where I live. Could be a fun bike....!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
I've never really looked in to the Scrambler line up since I mistakenly thought they'd be upwards of 20 grand.

I just read an article in the on-line Cycle World about the Scrambler Cafe Racer with the 803cc air cooled engine ... MSRP is $11,995 ... which is right in there with the lower cost Sportsters! I had no idea that Ducati offered anything in that price range. And one that looks like my beloved early 1980s UJM/AMA Production Superbikes ... or well, could be made to look like one of those would be a more accurate statement.

Seems it's power:weight ratio is sorta/kinda in there with my '96 900CR, same with it's wheelbase/rake/trail specs. Wouldn't take much to fiddle with all of that to make it suit a person's riding style. 56.5" wheelbase, 22 degree rake, 3.2" trail, just under 400 pound dry weight. I wonder of other engines would fit in it? Can't really tell from pictures but it appears to have a metal fuel tank, which would be a plus in my opinion.

Super sweet looker, and room for personalizing as well. Makes a fella say ... hmmmm.

:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had to go for the red, but I wonder how the termi's are going to sound on the full throttle...
They sound great on my Cafe Racer model. Not really loud because of the canister, but just right so you don't piss off your neighbors too much. Backpressure pops are head turners.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the Café Racer, love it!!!
I bought the '17 Cafe racer. Currently I'm switching out the clip ons for Pro Taper Contour bars on an Icon riser (since it has the cluster bracket). I've always had Cafe's, but 14yrs of teaching Defensive tactics have destroyed my elbows and one shoulder. Granted, the clip ons are not below the triple tree on this modeI, but I need something more upright and relaxed now. I had to order a clutch cable (which unfortunately has to be ordered from Italy), because the cafe is the only model with a different cable length.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts