• Urban Enduro

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put down a deposit on the Scrambler, and I was curious which model you would want to ride first given the opportunity. I started a small side business renting out Ducati Monsters here in Denver, and I will purchase a Scrambler for the rental business! Personally, I prefer the Urban Enduro model, but I'm interested in what everyone else likes best since it will be something that anyone can rent.

As I'm sure most of you already know, the choices are yellow or red Icon, black and yellow Full Throttle, orange and brown Classic, or green and brown Urban Enduro:

Yellow Icon:

Red Icon:

Full Throttle:

Classic:

Urban Enduro:

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
I voted for the red Icon but the yellow would be a close second with the Full Throttle finishing up my three. I don't care for the brown seat of the other two.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I prefer the icon in red, and voted with my wallet, but I'd think that you should go with the icon in yellow as that's the press bike that everyone will have seen in the mags.

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,712 Posts
Voted Urban Classic given my preference for the more tidy tail section and high mounted fender but the Full Throtlle model I like equally as much. Two very different looks, I could see swapping out the cast wheels on the FT to that of spokes as I prefer that look even more. Would be a game time decision for me.

Is the yellow portion of the FT seat painted on or is it a cowl of sorts?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Voted Urban Classic given my preference for the more tidy tail section and high mounted fender but the Full Throtlle model I like equally as much. Two very different looks, I could see swapping out the cast wheels on the FT to that of spokes as I prefer that look even more. Would be a game time decision for me.

Is the yellow portion of the FT seat painted on or is it a cowl of sorts?
It looks like a cowl similar to the one on the Monster that slides over the rear seat. I agree the spoked wheels are sweet and would look good on the other models too with cast wheels. Interestingly it looks like only the yellow Icon model has received no love so far in this poll!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
As is, I like the Classic best. But I'd rather go for an Icon and mod it myself. The aftermarket is going to be great for these bikes.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Because of the bikes I already have (i.e. the Moto Guzzi V7 is my retro-inspired street bike), I chose the Scrambler in the "Urban Enduro" trim for its off-roadish emphasis. Well, at least from a styling perspective, it appealed to me the most. I'm sure it can handle a bit of dirt within reality...

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
I voted Icon Red because that is probably what I would buy. If those spoke wheels are tubeless I'd want the Classic or maybe the Urban Enduro (not a fan of that green though). If they are tube-type, as I expect they will be, I'd want an Icon and a set of Alpina wheels if/when they become available.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I voted full throttle , like that look so much I actually put a deposit down on one ,second choice would be the yellow

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm going in tomorrow to place my deposit and see what options my local dealer has. I'm guessing/hoping that all models will be available for order, but my usual guy has been pretty circumspect whenever I've asked him questions via text.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Likewise, and for 2 reasons; 1. I can't stand those wanky plate holders on the others and 2. It's orange, the same orange as my old 250 Scrambler, my first bike. :D

Not sure about the brown seat though... :(
+1

I'm liking the Classic more all the time. Seat looks ok to me in the photos but if it's a typical Ducati seat it will need to be replaced right away anyhow.

·
Super Moderator
8,184 Posts
Gotta say Urban enduro and try to retrofit the classic rear fender after a respray.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts