Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...with no dbKillers? Here are my options:

1098s_PP_70mm Akra
1098s_PP_70mm Termignoni
1098s_PP_Moto Corse exhaust
1098s_PP_Zard open exhaust
1098s_SP_Moto Corse exhaust
1098s_SP_Std exhaust + slip ons

moto recommended the last one, but that doesn't make sense to me? I have the full LV titanium and I'll be taking the dbKillers out when I put the ECU in, immediately.

And the instructions are useless, inasmuch as there aren't any except for the software side. My plan today is:

1) remove battery-side fairing and battery and the dbKillers on the LV.
2) replace ECU with the Nemesis.
3) Turn the bike on
4) connect the Nemesis to the USB of the computer with the software on
5) try to load one of the above maps per the instructions

and no clue...I was told the engine has to be on, but then I see you need to take a measurement at full throttle??? How the hell do you do that with the engine on (and redlining it with no load!)? I'm obviously missing something very important here...

Shawn

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Well the install was easy enough...dbKiller out...ECU out...Nemesis in:)

The software works flawlessly.

The bike idled around 1600 before, then with Nemesis first test over about 10 likometers, it idled around 1900-2000. I could live with that.

Put the fairings on, washed/waxed, went for another ride, and the idle is wacky, like 2200-2300 and I'm sitting at the light and it increases further still LOL.

So I gotta figure the mapping out.

But, throttle response is totally different, easier to get off the line. It gurgles and spits like a race bike now and comes on strong...keeping in mind I can't go past 7000rpm right now...it hauls after 4000rpm but as I say it butts and kicks and gurgles below that.

I like it so far but I really need to get the mapping right for the idle, very annoying to watch it jack up to 3000rpm at a stoplight...can't be good for gas either LOL...

I loaded the one moto said to install...stock pipe with slipons map. But I have a full dbkiller-free system so that still doesn't make sense to me...

ps full throttle is with the IGNITION on, not the engine. Thank God I'm not a total arse...:)

Any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
nemesis

Hi, without seeing the data for maps can not tell you which one to use. At this point it seems to lean try putting the dbkillers in and see if it does run better. If it does run better another map is needed. Larry

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Why can't you go past 7000 rpms? (break in?) I would have it tuned on a DYNO, oblviously you're not afraid to spend money.;)

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why can't you go past 7000 rpms? (break in?) I would have it tuned on a DYNO, oblviously you're not afraid to spend money.;)
Been googling to find a dyno in Toronto, can't find anything. I would love to dyno it (after I change the air filters...), but I'm totally open to just finding the right map, and short of that, learning the finer points of the software and doing it myself...until I find a dyno LOL:)

One of the included maps must be close enough to make it ridable til I find a dyno in the area.

edit: yes, break-in, sorry...

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
You need to find somebody with the lambda and a dyno to make some custom maps. I tried a couple of the supplied maps for my SC1K and same thing, rough down low.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Trailer her down to Indy Ducati in Indianapolis, Indiana and Matt Carr can get it setup for you. We will be working on my tune this week (999R with Full Termi, degreed cams). There really isn't anyway you can map it by the seat of your pants. You can spend a nice bit of coin on the O2 kit and try and map it yourself on the street but just getting a decent map isn't even the starting point with the Nemesis. Look through the software and you will see what I mean.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Trailer her down to Indy Ducati in Indianapolis, Indiana and Matt Carr can get it setup for you. We will be working on my tune this week (999R with Full Termi, degreed cams). There really isn't anyway you can map it by the seat of your pants. You can spend a nice bit of coin on the O2 kit and try and map it yourself on the street but just getting a decent map isn't even the starting point with the Nemesis. Look through the software and you will see what I mean.
The software itself has me seriously intrigued, and I actually went out and bought a tiny Toshiba laptop and rigged the Nemesis up so the serial connector is by my dash. I've been having fun and definitely want to learn what all the parameters are.

What is the O2 kit?

I tried the 70mm Termi maps, recalibrated the throttle and not only is it 'fixed' but it is running 10 degrees cooler than it ever did, a good thing - I routinely got 103-105 on the dash in heavy trafic for more than 5 minutes; was out for about an hour in such yesterday and it never went past 95-96.

However, I have no idea what's happening in the big scheme, only that it feels basically like it did before I made the switch, which, not knowing more myself, is at least a good starting point.

I'm guessing it's running a little rich, but I say that out of ignorance and the fact it's cooler so it probably has less air in the air/gas mix right now. I'm quite certain I could get more performance out of it, and the original map I ran, which destroyed the idle, was definitely more 'fun' feeling than this, much more race-bike feeling.

How do I adjust the idle? I'd like to go back to my old map for fun if I can adjust the idle, and have map 1 be the current set up and map 2, after hitting the starter, be that one...

·
Registered
463 Posts
You are just now starting to scratch the surface of the Nemesis, take a look here. If after all of that stuff you are still not satisfied (or spent enough money) you can start to add other parts from other systems that use the CAN line system.

Your O2 stuff is listed on that page and it plugs right in but you will need one of the developer wires. This will make it so the bike maps the fuel for you (after you approve the changes).

·
Registered
463 Posts
I will have a lot more info for you tomorrow night. We hooked the 999R up to the dyno tonight and will start tuning her tomorrow. Right now with the default Neme map for the 999R and full Termi we are getting the exact same numbers as a base 1098 but the O2 is reading between mid 11's and mid 12's. That number needs to be in the 13.2-13.5 range. I will be making a full article on it over the next few days.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool, looking forward to it. Dropping the bike off tonight for 1,000Km service and a bunch of parts added (magnesium swingarm and triples and clutch cover, Dymags, ceramic rotors, slipper clutch, bunch of titanium bolts (incl. front axle...yay)...and a racy Hubba Bubba windscreen...it's like double bubble but better! :)

I'm bringing them my laptop with Nemesis software if they see anything they wanna play with...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Tell me more about the windscreen. Ducati Indianapolis is ordering the Puig Race for me on Monday but if you found something better share the info.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts