Votes: 3 75.0%
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
99 996s
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like it says.....
I have a red and a black carbon, and for the life of me I can not decide what I like more.
Stupid, I know.

·
Registered
99 996s
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got your standard 1999 996s.
I have the red one and it came with a black carbon fiber one too.
here’s your pic with Red
There will be no pic without red as I’ve already started to dismantle the bike.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Which do you like the best ? --It's your freeking bike --Who cares what someone else thinks--put the one you like the best on it & call it a day. ---If I said put a purple one on it are you going to rush right out and do that? --I doubt it. --

·
Registered
99 996s
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Which do you like the best ? --It's your freeking bike --Who cares what someone else thinks--put the one you like the best on it & call it a day. ---If I said put a purple one on it are you going to rush right out and do that? --I doubt it. --
1-no, no I wouldn't just do as you say
2-the whole thing is I like both
3-i was hoping for a philosophical discussion regarding the feel of the brand, design esthetics, blah blah blah.
4-lmao

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Flip a coin and chose lol--then change them out for the other once a month

·
Registered
2001 S4, 2000 750ie Sport
240 Posts
The carbon ones look nice with black marchesini 5 arms.
What if you give the carbon guard the S4 foggy treatment?
Maybe without the white stripe, unless you intend putting the number patches on the tail.
20210114_095120.jpg

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
The biggest thing to me with the carbon is that after a little while they start looking like shit, they fade and discolor ---Unless you seal it well---I put a carbon ft mudguard on my 91 900SS, when I got it it was faded and had turned a weird green black.--But I know how to clean, coat, seal & paint it where it will look good for many years and will not fade again.---The red painted one you dont have to worry about it fading any more then the rest of the bodywork.

Reactions: gthphotography

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have a CF one on my 996, I prefer it to the red. I think too much red is overkill, the white number boards and a few carbon highlights break it up nicely. So that means now you'll need a white number board on the front fairing ;)

·
Registered
99 996s
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a CF one on my 996, I prefer it to the red. I think too much red is overkill, the white number boards and a few carbon highlights break it up nicely. So that means now you'll need a white number board on the front fairing ;)
wonderful.
I was actually thinking about that. I am replacing the current seat fairing with another that has a nice gold pinstriping separating the red and white sections. Matches the rims well. I too sometimes feel the red can get overwhelming. But like I said earlier, I am conflicted and as this is the bike I said no to when they came out, I'm slightly obsessed with every little thing.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts