Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to install a new exhaust system but cannot decide. If you have installed a new exhaust, please indicate which system you selected. Thanks in advance.

Exhaust Systems
1. Termi - slip-ons only
2. Termi - slip-ons with cat-bypass
3. Termi - full system
4. Arrow - full
5. Arrow - slip-ons
6. Staintune - full
7. Staintune - slip-ons
8. Tubi - full
9. Zard - full
10. Zard - slip-ons

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I have FBF slip-ons and Arrow headers.

Try Multistrada.net. That board is a lot more active for MTS's than this one.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
We installed a Zard system a few weeks ago on a MTS S. It made good power and was much lighter than the OEM system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed one you missed. Installed the Staintune CAT eliminator, kept the OEM cans: what a super difference it made in terms of smoothness, overall power and sound! Plus a load of weight! That ugly slug under the bike is now gone, replaced with beautiful stainless and the Staintune routing eliminates the possible scrape of the oem exhaust routing.. All for very reasonable costs.
George

G

·
addysdaddy said:
Want to install a new exhaust system but cannot decide. If you have installed a new exhaust, please indicate which system you selected. Thanks in advance.

Exhaust Systems
1. Termi - slip-ons only
2. Termi - slip-ons with cat-bypass
3. Termi - full system
4. Arrow - full
5. Arrow - slip-ons
6. Staintune - full
7. Staintune - slip-ons
8. Tubi - full
9. Zard - full
10. Zard - slip-ons
Got 'ya Stuart !!! Still brainstorming about this eh ?

:D :D :D

Doc

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
In the Spring 2005 issue of Moto-Euro they used the stainless Tubi HPE (High Performance Exhaust) on there 2003 1000DS Multistrada makeover. They said the Tubi gives the MTS a Superbike-like wail. No experience with this product myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
>> Just installed the full Termi System with Cams etc.

>> Have not been to ride the bike yet it's been snow and cold here in Utah. :mad:

>> Goat Boy
>> KWAK!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jbourque said:
In the Spring 2005 issue of Moto-Euro they used the stainless Tubi HPE (High Performance Exhaust) on there 2003 1000DS Multistrada makeover. They said the Tubi gives the MTS a Superbike-like wail. No experience with this product myself.
Actually I got lucky and heard the Tubi system - it was amazing and looked good as well. Problem is it's not that popular at this point and therefore difficult to obtain. Think the full system costs somewhere around $2300, so cheap it's not.

Based on the survey done in multistrada.net, the Staintune system is the most popular choice for 3rd party exhausts, trailing behind Termis. (which does make sense). The other manufactures were noted but only in very small numbers.

Stuart

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have FBF titanium cans and a arrow header nice and deep sound to it :D

·
Registered
266 Posts
!

#1 and they sound great.
BTW what is Addy your daughter? What is that short for? We call my daughter Addy short for Adasen. Just wondering?

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Termi System

If you buy Termi and have a Ducati dealer install it, any l Ducati Accessories have a two year Warranty from date of purchase of the Accessory

·
Registered
6 Posts
number 9 full zard...just bought it. Happy camper here!!! Here is my post next door at Multi .net.

Slapped a full system on the Multi this past weekend. Have only ridden it once for about ten minutes and I am tickled pink. Stock ECU. Instructions to install are crappy, but I made it. Carbon fibre heat shield is obviously an after thought, but it looks good with it. Sound is excellent. I didn't want loud, but I wanted the notorious "Ducati" sound. I got it. At cruise down the road, I cannot hear it hardly at all, but get it where you are on and off the throttle and it sounds very nice. VERY pleased with the pipe, it looks great. Not pleased with the site and ordering. Annitori distributing has a few folks there that are clueless.

Oh and, I thought a full system would be just that...it's not, you use the stock mid pipe and heat shield.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts