Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize this has probably been discussed, but...

Just got a 2012 MTS S Touring. Want to upgrade the pipes. I have Tergimonis on my GT1000 and love them. ON the MTS, upgrade with merely the slip-ons, or go for full pipe system? Anyone have experience with this? The full system is much more expensive. Is it worth it? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Full Termi for me.

I went with the full Termi setup. I looked at all the other options and while some are beautifully made there were always more steps ($/time) involved.

First exhaust alone will net you a big zero unless you get more air into the motor (air cleaner, included with full Termi kit), also when you have more air going in and more coming out you MUST tune it correctly to take advantage. This means on the Multi tuning it for every gear as they are different. Again, the full Termi kit comes with a ECU already tuned so it's just a plug and play.

While the party is over here in CA as of a few months ago another practical benefit of the Termi system is if you buy it from a dealer and have them install it it is covered under your warranty as it is considered a 'factory' part. Again, that is now illegal here so YMMV.

I have put exhausts only, full systems, on other bikes and been very disappointed. I mean 3hp at redline, woo hoo. The full Termi system gives almost 10hp/tq across the entire power band (check their dyno chart). I love the increase in midrange grunt it gave me.

As far as price goes, I got mine for $1000US less than the cost of the new full Akra setup. And that still needs an air cleaner, PCV etc, and someone to tune it for you. Also without the db killer it is still not stupid loud, but has a great growl/bark to it.

But I find people get very personal about what they want in an exhaust so you will have to kind of weigh the pros and cons for each system as they apply to you.

·
Premium Member
275 Posts
Personally I really liked the Termi Slip-on, the compactness, the sound, the styling...however because of the size of my feet, my right foot with aggressive riding would hit the heat shield causing interference and affecting my riding...so off it came. Unfortunately its collecting dust now... :(

·
Premium Member
2012 multistrada 1200 / 2019 hypermotard 950
346 Posts
mivv exaust on multi 1200

I realize this has probably been discussed, but...

Just got a 2012 MTS S Touring. Want to upgrade the pipes. I have Tergimonis on my GT1000 and love them. ON the MTS, upgrade with merely the slip-ons, or go for full pipe system? Anyone have experience with this? The full system is much more expensive. Is it worth it? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
I just got the mivv carbon gp full system installed . The growl and look is on point . Also got ecu remapped . Did lose a bit of torque , i mean it is noticeable but thinking now about setting up a new gear combination . Might think about the air breather but still looking at all options .

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm going this winter for the LeoVince decat with the Termignoni slipon. I like the Termignoni because is short. The full Termignoni is to long for me.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I went with a full termi for many of the reasons that Jaxion pointed out.
I don't mind the length of the pipe, but some do. Actually, I like the look of the QuatD over others, but factor in the trouble of getting it remapped, remove the exvl error, etc. It just wasn't worth it for me.
Bike runs noticeably better, particularly at low throttle. Still not perfect, and there is a real annoying hesitation at about 3-4K, but I have a set of fatducs on order and I hope that clears it up.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I went with a full termi for many of the reasons that Jaxion pointed out.
I don't mind the length of the pipe, but some do. Actually, I like the look of the QuatD over others, but factor in the trouble of getting it remapped, remove the exvl error, etc. It just wasn't worth it for me.
Bike runs noticeably better, particularly at low throttle. Still not perfect, and there is a real annoying hesitation at about 3-4K, but I have a set of fatducs on order and I hope that clears it up.
The FatDucs are aimed more at the under 3K surging, report back on that please. This is why I'm stalled on the exhaust choice, the inability of most shops able to tune the Mitsu ECM and the complaints with the supposed plug and play 2.5K system. :mad:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Well, it could be lower....it kind of in the 'chugging along' range.
I'll definitely report back- might take about a week, though.

·
Sophomore Member
2,994 Posts
I went with the QDs. I got my ECU reflashed. It ended up costing less than the termi system. Note: you can buy directly from the distributor (Annitori East) on qdexhaustusa.com. This will save you $$$. (No, not affiliated or anything, just a satisfied customer).

I personally think it sounds much better than the Termignoni, but of course that is a personal opinion. I also think it looks much better than any of the other systems. The Streetfighter Termis would look awesome on the Multi. I have been quite happy with the system.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Dan Moto and Akro for me...

Just got my MTS and have checked out the Termi system at the LMS ... wasn't impressed with the build quality. Cool they give you a reflashed ECU, but for the price, sure seems like a person could do better doing it themselves. So, I'm going to give the Dan Moto cat delete pipe a try ($175 is dirt cheap) and going to strap an Akro silencer onto it. Goaz motorcycles in AZ is going to tune the bike for $375 with an ECU reflash and a power commander controller with dyno time. $175 + $375 + $600 (ish) for the Akro = $1150 for a tuned full system. I can replace the whole thing once (if the workmanship is shoddy or something fails) and still be less than the Termi system.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I definitely think it (quatD) looks better, but the price they quote is more than I paid for the termi and I still have a spare ECU.
Not that it really matters. I'm happy with what I got and I'm happy there are other options. Single source option for everyone is boring and expensive.
If I get bored and win the lottery, I'll play around with other exhausts.

I went with the QDs. I got my ECU reflashed. It ended up costing less than the termi system. Note: you can buy directly from the distributor (Annitori East) on qdexhaustusa.com. This will save you $$$. (No, not affiliated or anything, just a satisfied customer).

I personally think it sounds much better than the Termignoni, but of course that is a personal opinion. I also think it looks much better than any of the other systems. The Streetfighter Termis would look awesome on the Multi. I have been quite happy with the system.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have the full Termi. Bad materials (the 'stainless' rusts!)...ugly welds...bloody expensive...and an ECU that really did not match the sytstem to the bike. Cannot recommend.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Who did your reflash?

T-bills did you get a rexxer reflash for your QD?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I went with the new full ti akrapovic system.

Several other posts about it on the forum, so no need to repost what's already here in several places.

To the point of cost consciousness, this set up is not for the cost concerned rider...

Sound wise I believe it is by far the loudest - bordering on obnoxious, so best to be advised.

Performance wise I can't say it outperforms the full termi, but I think most would agree the build quality is much better.

Finally, looks is a personal thing. I definitely like the 'GP' stype pipe, but others may prefer the much longer full termi can. Personal preference on this point.

·
Premium Member
1,861 Posts
I'd have to agree that the QD's are probably the nicest aftermarket system for the Multi. But I don't have one of these,

For 500 euro's, I installed a MIVV decat with a GP shorty exhaust. I removed the EXV and its error without any trouble.

Everything about the bike got better. Looks, sound, and performance. Could probably use some fatducs. I'm hoping to make a trip to Sweden for an airbox mod and a dyno-tune.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
My reflash for the Termi was done by CJS in the UK (by post),,,,but if you read the 1000 other posts here on reflashes....it's not that simple...sadly.

·
Premium Member
2012 multistrada 1200 / 2019 hypermotard 950
346 Posts
I do know if you buy the mivv exaust full system , do not install the db killers in the mid pipe. They gave me trouble with torque and horsepower. Had to take system back off and pull them out to pan matters out . That fixed the problem though .

Sent from my C771 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
I went for the Mivv Suono which comes with a decat, sounds great and along with the fatducs I already had fitted the fuelling is almost perfect. I'm not sure how much better the termi or akra headers are than stock but I can't see it making much difference for road riding if you get a full system.

Cost me £520/$840 in the UK. I have put 13k miles on it so far with no problems, it's loud enough without being anti-social. I am sure there are more powerful set ups out there but I don't need an extra 5bhp on my Multi, it has enough power stock in my opinion.

Paul

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I'd have to agree that the QD's are probably the nicest aftermarket system for the Multi. But I don't have one of these,

For 500 euro's, I installed a MIVV decat with a GP shorty exhaust. I removed the EXV and its error without any trouble.

Everything about the bike got better. Looks, sound, and performance. Could probably use some fatducs. I'm hoping to make a trip to Sweden for an airbox mod and a dyno-tune.
Quat-D's? They are indeed. I have em with FatDucs & DP Airfilter. 97% perfect. A good day on the dyno will sort the rest out.
They are worth the money alone just to hear them on overrun. Anytime. No DB killers; theyre just EU Nazi nonsense.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Quat-D for best sound

Quat-D's? They are indeed. I have em with FatDucs & DP Airfilter. 97% perfect. A good day on the dyno will sort the rest out.
They are worth the money alone just to hear them on overrun. Anytime. No DB killers; theyre just EU Nazi nonsense.
Must agree that the QD's nail it for sound. Have a set of Ti QD's and it even sounds good at startup, turns heads every time.

Havn't been so lucky with engine tuning however and so have a pair of fatducs installed to get me to work and back with some comfort. Am planning to do a Rexxer re-map for $400 which is supposed to be the best for these pipes.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts