Discussion Starter #1
Just put this on

Looks awesome

Sounds incredible

Performs amazingly

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thats a really nice system. How much and were did you get it? Did you have to do any other mods to fit it? re map ETC ETC?

Also, that rear bag. were can i get one of those? I ordered a top box , its on back order, that thing looks way better
Dan

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3500$ race system Moto gp loud per the akro rep at miller.
Correct. It is a full titanium system (not just the can). I had a custom map. Made (both cylinders) by Mark at the Ducshop.

You'll need a PC V, and an O2 optimizer.

Net HP gain (crank) was just shy of 18, net at the wheel was right at 11.

Numbers are based on 150hp crank HP stock. We weren't able to do a baseline with the factory configuration.

It is a definitely a race system, so if you are Db challenged don't get this pipe, as far as I know there is no Db killer available.

The whole set up with installation is a pricey adventure, but is very worth it based on Dyno and 'seat of the pants results.

Last note, Akro told me only 15 systems were available in the states, so pickings might be thin.

The bag is a 'Tunnel Bag' made by Saddleman.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Interesting. Where are the power-gains? Full rev-band, top-end, what?

·
Registered
545 Posts
How did you get crank HP numbers on a rear wheel dyno?

Nice system, but there is no way to tell what gains you got without a baseline run on that dyno. Different dynos turn out very different numbers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just put on the full Arrow Works exhaust, and my guy did the Bazzaz unit on it with a custom map - runs fantastic, sounds like a beast and definitely saved weight. Very linear power - happy with it.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Interesting. Where are the power-gains? Full rev-band, top-end, what?
Withou a stock baseline I have to speculate, the curve is very linear however. So I believe it's across the spectrum. I'll see if I can find a reliable dyno chart from a stock multi and also scan the chart from mine.

Be a day or two before I can get home to do it.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It definitely looks nice with that color MTS. Two concerns though. 1) I don't see a stopper for the center stand to rest on. 2) The exhaust side needs some sort of cover. It looks like something fell off there.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How did you get crank HP numbers on a rear wheel dyno?

Nice system, but there is no way to tell what gains you got without a baseline run on that dyno. Different dynos turn out very different numbers.
Very true. Mark's dyno is reputed to be conservative - he mentioned to me that he's not a believer in using corrected settings that falsely elevate the number.

The calculation for crank horsepower, conservatively is roughly 17% - meaning there is a 17% reduction in horsepower from crank to wheel. So, 150 @ .83 = 124.5. The stock dyno sheets I've seen range between 125 and 130, so I used 127 for calculation. Mine produced 138 at the wheel, so 138/.83 = 166.3

No question this is not perfectly accurate, but I think from a reference standpoint it's reasonable.

The good news for me - hopefully - is it will further improve as the dyno was done at 600 miles on a 105 degree day in hotlanta!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It definitely looks nice with that color MTS. Two concerns though. 1) I don't see a stopper for the center stand to rest on. 2) The exhaust side needs some sort of cover. It looks like something fell off there.
I took the center stand off. It will fit, but it's metal to metal (no thanks), could probably have a stopper fabbed, but for me I only use the center stand in the garage. Pit Bull stand fixed that :)

To your second point, it is definitely a function piece (ala the finish of the titanium is not 'show' type). I find that look really appealing.

Both of your points are well taken.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Very true. Mark's dyno is reputed to be conservative - he mentioned to me that he's not a believer in using corrected settings that falsely elevate the number.

The calculation for crank horsepower, conservatively is roughly 17% - meaning there is a 17% reduction in horsepower from crank to wheel. So, 150 @ .83 = 124.5. The stock dyno sheets I've seen range between 125 and 130, so I used 127 for calculation. Mine produced 138 at the wheel, so 138/.83 = 166.3

No question this is not perfectly accurate, but I think from a reference standpoint it's reasonable.
Got it. I had similar numbers in my head and was figuring an 8ish% power increase for that type of setup sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 35 Posts