Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im new here, just sold my RC51 and I thought I wanted a Hypermotard. That is until I sat on the 1098 and 1198 at the local shop.
Now I have the choice between a new black 1098S or a standard new 09 1198, I even considered the Streetfighter but I dont really feel comtorable on it.
The plans are for both street riding and track days. Let me hear your thoughts. Im not sure I can get a great deal on the 1198 since its a 09, but the 1098S is a left over 08 model so I have some leverage there.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
the 2010 models are coming right up.fwiw i'd pull the trigger on a 1198s.spec wise its a better bike and in the long run will likely be a bit more desireable.wait it out a couple months and they should be a bit cheaper.and yes i know a base 1098 is more than enough for street riding,but faster and lighter is the whole point of a sportbikes evolution

·
Registered
923 Posts
if that 1098 S is a good deal pull the trigger man.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Still, if you were considering a Hyper, I would think the Streetfighter has to be the favorite. Plus, who wouldn't like to pass people on the track with a "little ol' naked bike"? :)

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
It's a buyers market in Hyperville, right now. WAAAAAAAY different bike than the other two, and the suspension is complete shit for the racetrack.

That said, however, if you're a skilled rider not much will be able to catch you on the Hyper once the road goes crooked.

I'd say, coming off the RC, you'd be best served buying an 1198S ... it's the "best" choice you could make.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, im leaning twords the 1098S if the price is right. I think im going to give them some low ball numbers and see what happens. Plus I will be paying cash, the salesman said cash makes no difference, but I know a few people with good credit that have been getting turned down latley so im betting if I put the $100.00 bills on the table they will deal.

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I'd say if you like the whopper and it's cheaper then the big mac, go for it. But if a wendy's melt is more your flavor, screw the price and get what you want.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Im new here, just sold my RC51 and I thought I wanted a Hypermotard. That is until I sat on the 1098 and 1198 at the local shop.
Now I have the choice between a new black 1098S or a standard new 09 1198, I even considered the Streetfighter but I dont really feel comtorable on it.
The plans are for both street riding and track days. Let me hear your thoughts. Im not sure I can get a great deal on the 1198 since its a 09, but the 1098S is a left over 08 model so I have some leverage there.
I'd get the Black 1098s. Has way more goodies on it.

·
Registered
923 Posts
i think the displacement is negligable for the street, thats why if there is a deal to be had on a left over 1098S do it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts