Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into picking up a dual sport-styled mid-ranged helmet for a little while now. I originally had my heart set on the Icon Variant but just found the Scorpion EXO-AT950. The Scorpion is about $100 cheaper than the Icon, modular, and has a flip down sun visor. I'm not sure if its too many moving parts for such a cheap helmet, though. I find the Icon more aesthetically pleasing, especially the peak visor position but don't really think it warrants the extra 100 bucks. What are your guys thoughts? I haven't seen a helmet with the internal flip down sun visor before, and I'm quite intrigued...

·
Administrator
12,428 Posts
The Scorpion didn't fit my head as comfortable as I would have liked when I tried it on so I ended up with one of those expensive Arai XD-4 helmets. I too like the idea of a flip down darker sun visor, that is a very handy idea. I got a good deal and love it Arai but if the Scorpion fits you well I would bet you will be very happy with it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Scorpion didn't fit my head as comfortable as I would have liked when I tried it on so I ended up with one of those expensive Arai XD-4 helmets. I too like the idea of a flip down darker sun visor, that is a very handy idea. I got a good deal and love it Arai but if the Scorpion fits you well I would bet you will be very happy with it.
So I did look at the Arai in hopes that it would be significantly lighter than the Icon because they have a similar fit, but it really isn't. If I got a good deal on it, I would definitely get it, but it didn't seem worth the extra moola for the name brand. Where'd you pick up the Arai, if you dont mind me asking?

·
Administrator
12,428 Posts
So I did look at the Arai in hopes that it would be significantly lighter than the Icon because they have a similar fit, but it really isn't. If I got a good deal on it, I would definitely get it, but it didn't seem worth the extra moola for the name brand. Where'd you pick up the Arai, if you dont mind me asking?
The Arai came from Cycle Gear. I had a $50 gift card and they had a 10% off sale total after everything came to about $475.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Personally, I drool over the carbon fiber version of the Icon Variant, but like you said, soooo expensive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts