Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Black with silver accents or silver with black accents?

• Black with silver accents

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Silver with black accents

Votes: 15 65.2%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Man this is a tough one....:think:
Evertime I look I switch back and forth...:p

·
Registered
395 Posts
silver with black makes me think Honda

·
Grouchy Old Fart
25 Posts
What??

Ducatis should be red or Yellow! There is nothing subtle about these things so don't try to civilize or disguise them. The paint should be as bold as the bike, but not garish.

If you absolutely have to have two tone, red and white. A few black or silver accents are ok but should not override the basic color.

I don't even like the tricolores. If you have to show the Italian flag, do it with small badges or stickers.

That being said, I will readily concede that personal opinions and free advice are worth exactly what they cost, but you asked for them.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Ducatis should be red or Yellow! There is nothing subtle about these things so don't try to civilize or disguise them. The paint should be as bold as the bike, but not garish.

If you absolutely have to have two tone, red and white. A few black or silver accents are ok but should not override the basic color.

I don't even like the tricolores. If you have to show the Italian flag, do it with small badges or stickers.

That being said, I will readily concede that personal opinions and free advice are worth exactly what they cost, but you asked for them.
Could not have said it better myself!

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tough call.
My first reaction was black w/ silver accents, but the more I look at it, I prefer the silver w/ black...looks sleeker, classier and better-finished to me.

(*Having said that, black looks a bit more...badass. LOL)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Of those two...I think I like the silver with black accents better, but imo, i'd go with either all black or all silver.

Or Red or Yellow. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts