Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 12 hyper evo sp 1100 here. Termi exhaust, power commander, MWR intake, ducabike pressure plate and springs, dyno tune, and various other things done. Need new clutch discs as these are finally going. Can I use stock? Are they the best? Or with the tune so I need something more aggressive? What are you guys running? How much and can you post a link. Thank you guys.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I don’t have a hyper but I think clutch discs are a matter of personal preference.

In reality I don’t see a significant advantage of one versus another other than this:

If you have a steel basket, steel frictions are fine. Aluminum frictions will wear faster.

If you have an alloy basket, use aluminum frictions. Steel frictions will destroy your alloy basket in a short interval.

My personal preference is EVR and I get mine through site sponsor MotoWheels. I’m sure if you went with Surflex (OEM I’m pretty sure), Barnett, Ducabike.....pretty much any are going to work and work well.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I use genuine.
I have used Barnett but found they stick together after washing the bike. I have an open cover, even with running it after and pulling the clutch so they're apart they still stick together. Having to disassemble the pack to free them up while your mates stand around waiting (and laughing) is embarrassing......

·
Registered
228 Posts
Pretty hard to beat OE clutch plates except for the price. EVR organic would be my next choice if you can find the 12T without the basket. You don't really need sintered on a Hyper street bike. That being said, I have an STM 48T slipper with sintered plates for the Hyper. 🤷‍♂️😂

·
Registered
2012 Ducati HyperMotard 1100 Evo SP carbon fiber everything, yoshi pipes, intake, ecu, tune
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just need new discs and friction plates. Do they make a reasonable priced set

1 - 7 of 7 Posts