Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to buy some pads for the front of my 2012 796. My questions are which pads would work well for me or which ones are the most common used. All I do is street ride and never hit the tracks. I have 1k miles on the bike and wanted to get the pads now so I wouldn't have to worry later.
Also when would you usually change your pads on the front of your Hyper's?

·
Registered
3,070 Posts
I wanted to buy some pads for the front of my 2012 796. My questions are which pads would work well for me or which ones are the most common used. All I do is street ride and never hit the tracks. I have 1k miles on the bike and wanted to get the pads now so I wouldn't have to worry later.
suggest you keep the stock front pads in for awhile, until you get use to the bike.

on my 08 standard hyper 1100, when i swapped out the front rotors to galfer waves, i changed the pads to galfer HH sintered pads. much more initial bite, yet still very progressive in feel, imho.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Change them when there worn out if all u do is street ride. Buy some HH sintered pads after, won't last as long but better breaking. Ebc or Galfer r my name brands I prefer.

·
Registered
356 Posts
on my 08 standard hyper 1100, when i swapped out the front rotors to galfer waves, i changed the pads to galfer HH sintered pads. much more initial bite, yet still very progressive in feel, imho.
That must be some serious braking if it has more initial bite than stock! Post some pics of the wave rotors if you can.

Michael

1 - 4 of 4 Posts