Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine at work decided to come razz me about all the ways that his bike is better than my 848. The 954 below is his EXACT bike, color and all.

With just a simple answer like "the Ducati" or "the Honda", please reply with which you would rather own!

BTW, I'm making this same post on the Honda forum to be fair.

Note: This is just for fun to find out how many would actually take the Honda over the Ducati, especially on the Honda forum...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,321 Posts
You need some ammo don't you Buddy?

ask him if his insurance is going to cover the damage the vandals did to the paint job!!!

Tell him you saw the same muffler on a Case tractor pulling a manure wagon !!!

Oh wait you just wanted a simple yes on liking the Ducati better

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You need some ammo don't you Buddy?
Lol, not in the least, that's what I think is so funny, it's like hands down! I even bet most of the Honda guys are going to say Ducati in this case!

I think he's just jealous :p

To be honest though, we had both planned on buying new CBR 600RRs a couple years back in but I kept holding off because I wanted a Ducati so bad. He couldn't wait and snatched up this 954 used and now that I have my Ducati, even though I paid more, I couldn't be happier! I never would have been happy or in the least bit satisfied with a 600RR or even a 1000RR for that matter! I did want a 996R though :D

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Based upon my current mix in the garage...the Ducati 848...for a new track bike.

·
Still needs a life.
12,618 Posts
Miles Davis vs. Dizzy Gillespie. Guess which one is Miles?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Ducati hands down. In a prior life I was a factory Honda mechanic, and I never liked the way Honda America handled the service department. Left a very bad taste in my mouth to this day.

·
Registered
56 Posts
848 Vs 954rr

Hi, all i can tell you about this from my previous own 954. It was a great Honda light weight, seat quite comfy, feel small when you on it, great motor from Hps to torqs. I never have a single blem with it but no distinctive and unique from its design and every joe around the block own them. What so ever i owned more than dozen HonYaKaSu before they are great bikes i have my hat off for Japanese machines. I no Racer or even amateur track Rider, i never rode any of my motorcycle to it potential but i lust those Italian Beasts for their Unique designs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Seems like every local teen here has a Japanese sport bike. They are seen everywhere riding with their shorts, running shoes and tee-shirts. Ugh

·
Registered
938 Posts
Not sure. At the surface the obvious answer is the 848.

Just finished a round of bike buying and looked at the 1098 and 1198. I was surprised I really didn't like the riding position. Too much like the 999 and the bikes oddly enough felt big and somewhat top heavy.

I've got a CBR954rr, a Ducati 916 and 900ss and bought a 1000RR today. The 954 is much more practical than the 848, and probably faster. Doesn't have that Ducati steering feel or look, but has got a lot more motor, weighs about the same, is much lighter steering, and of course is much cheaper to maintain.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would think on the Honda forum you would get a few that choose the Ducati. But I doubt you'll find someone to pick a Honda on the Ducati forum.

I would pick the Ducati LOL.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I would rather have the Ducati because....1) I like spending more on the initial cost of the vehicle, 2) I prefer to have higher parts costs, 3) I really enjoy short maintenance intervals, 4) I don't need the extra horsepower, 5) My bike will blend in at the local Starbucks....

:D

·
Registered
900 Posts
The 848 is definately more track oriented, but still makes for a great street bike. Don't get too lost in the specs you read. It's a seat of the pants thing, too. I was looking at a 954 too but will not go that route. I have a 675 and while it is a bit "focused", I enjoy the work that it takes to ride the bike. I'm not a track day guy, but once you dial in the suspension you'll be able to ride the 848 all day on the street. The one drawback is that you can get a CBR1000RR for about the same price. Ask yourself a few questions: do you have a good dealer for either brand nearby? (Ducatis cost more to maintain). What kind of $$$ do you have to spend? Do you have enough time on a bike to get into the 100+hp range? From these two bikes you're looking at, I'd take the 848 all day.

·
Registered
764 Posts
So what are you trying to prove here? Did you buy your bike because you liked the way it rode and enjoy it? Or did you buy it so you could tell and show people that you have a Ducati? Seriously, who cares what he thinks of your bike? He has a Honda that he thinks is better, you have a Ducati that you think is better. You both have what you enjoy. Get over yourself.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The average Honda buyer is not driven by emotion. The are driven by reliability and performance numbers. Ducati people have an emotional tie to their bikes and deal with the eccentricities for that reason. Honda people want it to start every time and go like hell.

It is a different bike not better or worse just different.

Oh and I would buy the Duc twice before I would buy the Honda. What are the Honda people saying?

·
Registered
381 Posts
The 954RR is a nice looking bike. It's an older bike than your 848 and is less expensive because of it. If you were to hand me the retail vs. retail difference in price in cash, I would take the 954 every day of the week and twice on Sunday......

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I own a 2003 999 w/ lots of extras- custom Ohlins suspension all around, full Termignoni exhaust, carbon, magnesium..etc. It's been a blast adding the extras over the past few years....great fun! But after riding the CBR1000RR a few times, I think that I would really like to own the CBR. Nothing like the CBR was around when I bought my 999 a few years ago, so there really wasn't anything that I would have liked to own then.....now, hands down, the CBR1000 is a much better bike, less maintenance, bullet proof. Sometimes when I ride the 999 I feel like I'm riding a grenade just waiting to go off for a big $$$ repair. I nearly bought a used mint ZX 14 a month ago, but held off because of the CBR.....I'm sure wanting a new CBR will pass though and I'll hang on to the 999.:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So what are you trying to prove here? Did you buy your bike because you liked the way it rode and enjoy it? Or did you buy it so you could tell and show people that you have a Ducati? Seriously, who cares what he thinks of your bike? He has a Honda that he thinks is better, you have a Ducati that you think is better. You both have what you enjoy. Get over yourself.
I think it's because I lack knowing how to explain to him the ways mine can be better because I don't know enough about his I guess. So I suppose you could say that I am full of myself because I just know the 848 is the better bike in this case lol. It's really just for poking fun, we are great friends of years and we just like to screw with eachother lol.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts