Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys please help!!!...Which 54mm termi system will be the Best fit for my stock 2003 998,shallow sump bike?(Will it even fit?) I know i will have to do some pipe modifications here and there thats not really an issue....So is it the 996R system,or the 998r system...some of you clever members must have done this mod already...i need to know which system to look out for, to buy...soooon.
I only want to go to the 50mm system if theres no other option.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
putting this in the superbike section will help.

also, neither of the big systems will fit it any better, both will need mods to make it past the sump. and it's probably a moot point, unless you know where to get a 54, as even a 50mm system would be hard enough to find i'd think.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks belter appreciate the reply. Well im on the look out for a 54mm ...haha Can i move this thread to the superbike forum or have to start another one.
im a newbie..

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
Just curious but if you have the stock motor, why do you want a 54mm exhaust?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Sherpa,
I have the same 998 type Testastretta motor in my 07 monster. I fitted a 14 tooth sprocket,an open air box/filter,54mm spark exhaust,DP race map which was flashed to my original ECU ,fitted a power commander so it could run the 0-2000rpm range smooth and dyno tuned the whole thing...its got mean az pull through the mid range and runs good round town and doesn't overheat at all........so im going to do the same sort of thing to my 998BiP.....The exhaust is the start..
Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts