Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any thoughts on which of the following:

1. 1098 2008 model
4600kms, Termignoni pipes, computer, Pazzo levers and travelled 4,600 kms,$22,990.00, ducati warranty until 03/2010.

2. 1098s 2007 model
6000kms, $24,990, only non ducati "special" warranty for 1 year

Ahhhhhh:think:

The s would be nicer but the non s has factory warranty.

If you have any view on the non factory warranty the link is
http://www.frasermotorcycles.com.au/pdf/FMCPreOwnedWarranty.pdf

·
Registered
336 Posts
1098s ..for 2g's you get the Olin's

·
Registered
2016 1299 Pani, 2009 SF1100, 2012 MTS1100evo, 2006 999,
132 Posts
Ohlins and forged wheels for 2k......go the S

·
Registered
94 Posts
Definitely go for the S. They were $7,000 more new, and worth it. I have 35,000 kms on my S, and am glad I spent the extra getting the 'proper' one.
I have had 2 x radiator replacements in that time, both at about 12,000 km intervals - both done under warranty. This has become a known problem, experienced by many, always in the same place (behind top left mount). Other than that, no problems. Of course there is no difference between the two models in respect to the radiators, so it is down to the difference in the warranties, as you said. I would still go for the S!;)

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Yep... S it should be.

The warranty factor is useless. Ducati's warranty pretty much covers things like an ECU/Dash failure or something mechanical thats gone bad. But since the 1098S you're looking at, has some mileage on the clock, I'd say you're probably in good shape, anything that would have gone wrong probably should have happened already.

Umm, don't you think the pricing is a bit on the high side? Even in AUD, thats a lot of money for a used 1098S...

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep... S it should be.

The warranty factor is useless. Ducati's warranty pretty much covers things like an ECU/Dash failure or something mechanical thats gone bad. But since the 1098S you're looking at, has some mileage on the clock, I'd say you're probably in good shape, anything that would have gone wrong probably should have happened already.

Umm, don't you think the pricing is a bit on the high side? Even in AUD, thats a lot of money for a used 1098S...

I agree on the pricing. Unfortunatly that is the cheapest S on the market. Good to live in the lucky country sometime!!!!:(

There is someform of after market warranty on the S with one of the biggest bike sellers in AUS, should be good for somethings.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Agree, go with the s! It's way cooler, better suspension & wheels. Besides, the remaining factory warrantee on the other one is only for 6 more months.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts