Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
7,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the new 820's? :) I'm not feeling it around here. :eek: What's up with that? :confused:

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
4 valve, liquid cooled, no trellis subframe, looks like a dorsoduro, power is dissappointing ( I've tried the 848 SF and that bike was super boring, this has even less power). So yeah, that's why :p

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
But it still has more power than the old 1100, no? :think:
More horsepower and higher top speed? Yes

More torque and more fun? Most certainly not

My 749 almost deliverd the same figures on the dyno as what the new hyper makes at the crank, and that bike was also super boring to ride. It was fast, but really boring.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
This one is a matter of torque! Anybody have charts of both to compare?

·
Registered
136 Posts
A bit off topic, but could someone love this? :think:

·
Registered
305 Posts
More horsepower and higher top speed? Yes

More torque and more fun? Most certainly not

My 749 almost deliverd the same figures on the dyno as what the new hyper makes at the crank, and that bike was also super boring to ride. It was fast, but really boring.
Drinky sums it up perfectly for me

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
The Hyperstrada is neat. I like it. It ends up being a nice blend of my two favorite bikes. I am very fortunate to have my two favorite bikes and not have to make the compromises. I am sad to see the simpler air cooled 2V dry clutch going away.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
i will be anxious to see one at chuckwalla then i will see which one is faster....i will definitely be over 110 hp and dropping the weight another 21lbs....but the ktm superduke 1290 r is looking like my next one!..build thread on hyper coming soon!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
i will be anxious to see one at chuckwalla then i will see which one is faster....i will definitely be over 110 hp and dropping the weight another 21lbs....but the ktm superduke 1290 r is looking like my next one!..build thread on hyper coming soon!
Yeah that ktm superduke is bad ass :D, they got the right message over at KTM with their new bike. Be sure to drop a comparison here once you get yours :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
The first time I ever saw a photo of a Hypermotard I knew I had to have it. It took a handful of years but things worked out and I got the Hyper of my dreams.

That feeling is unique - I've only ever had it three times in my life. Once with my highschool sweet heart, again with my car, and again with my motorcycle.

The new one just doesn't give me that feeling. It's over designed, has strange shapes and will feel very different than the current HYM. No doubt it will be fun to ride but just not the same. Call it soul, or whatever you want but it's just not the same. Doesn't excite me like the original and I would certainly take any number of other Duc models over the new HYM.

Just my 2c

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know that whenever i traded my fireblade on for the hyper, it was such a big differance. The torgue of the 1100 was what i liked in the hyper. For example whenever i changed the first hyper to T800, if has basically the same hp but how i missed that low down Torgue and if this new hyper is anything like the T800 then Ducati have messed up.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts