Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-bay isn't working for me, so far in my quest to locate a few iterms for my ST2. Anyone have any advice?
I'm looking for a gas tank cap with the key like it came with and a lower right fairing (red).

·
Registered
111 Posts
E-bay isn't working for me, so far in my quest to locate a few iterms for my ST2. Anyone have any advice?
I'm looking for a gas tank cap with the key like it came with and a lower right fairing (red).
A little patience and trolling the classifieds here.

I too was looking for some odds and ends for my Supersport and managed to find them all in the span of about 6 weeks by watching the classifieds here.

Also, as soon as your post count is up, you might try posting a 'WTB' there.

Good luck!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yes patience is a must for eBay. When I bought my ST2 it was a mess but with patience and a creative search method I eventually found everything I needed. Good luck sorting her out.

·
Premium Member
5,635 Posts
For the gas cap, if you're not already doing it, widen your search. All the bikes of the ST generation, at least until 2003 when the 999 came out, used the same cap. 748, 916, 996, 998, all SS, ST and Monsters used the same gas cap.

Likewise for the lower faring part. All STs used the same lower plastic. If you're worried about a perfect paint match, you're in to the wrong brand of motorcycle! My 2003 all original ST4s has one panel that is slightly darker than the rest. It's a feature!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great to hear from you guys on my hunt for the replacement pieces. What is "WBT"by the way?
I don't understand why they walked away from the ST model. Its so awesome. Do they really think that the Hypomotard is a better way to go for long hauls? I guess it must be a generational thing. I love the way the ST looks and feels. The sound - well - it sounds like it needs a tuneup or a better operator - but I know that I don't know shit. My Ducati mechanic says mine's tuned perfect and I'll get used to it. Thanks for the comments fellows.
rusty

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
motowheels.com might be worth a look too, another sponsor here, great guys to deal with.

the trouble with the ST series is thier owners love them and don't see the need to upgrade thus sales dropped off once everyone had one :)

Multi Strada is the touring offer these days

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,446 Posts
Great to hear from you guys on my hunt for the replacement pieces. What is "WBT"by the way?
WTB is Want To Buy. It's used for the Classified section to let people know you're looking for something. Only another few posts and you'll be eligible to post in that section. You need a minimum of 25.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts