Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.
I'm going over so many threads the las few days about Magnesium wheels and for the life of me I can't find a straight answer about a few questions.

1) how do care (clean, maintain) Magnesium wheels? Any diffrence between the brands( marchasini etc..) ?

2) Im hearing so many horror stories about them falling( cracking, breaking, denting) what should I do/don't, when riding with those ?

3) I just got a used pair of marchasinis , and again after hearing all the stories I was wondering where can i test/check them for any kind of cracks that are not visible to my naked eye and can fail on me?

Thanks a lot for your time

·
Registered
614 Posts
For heavy chain lube etc. I use kerosine and follow up with quick detailer. No harm using soap and warm water either. I use quick detailer only for just brake dust etc.

I wrecked my GSXR with Magnesium Marchesini's pretty badly and haven't had an issue with them at all. They weren't scanned and the local GMD had no idea where to have it done.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, thanks for the response first.
From what I understand the last thing you want to do is use water to clean magnesium wheels?!?!
Hi chuck racer why it will scare me ? Thanks for the list.

·
Registered
537 Posts
it is better not to use water on bare magnesium the it will oxidade quick.
as long as it is protected with paint or zincromate clean them with water.
they race them in the rain as wel.

henk!!!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi, thanks for the response first.
From what I understand the last thing you want to do is use water to clean magnesium wheels?!?!
Hi chuck racer why it will scare me ? Thanks for the list.
So I guess you're not riding/racing in the rain or washing the rest of the bike with a hose and the wheels installed?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts