Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
I think that is a pretty badass looking bike... IMO no comparison to the hideous Terblanche designed bodywork.

I'd love to see what it looks like in Yellow. ;)

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think the axle sliders are a quick release axle system. Not sure if the Rad Ducs are just made to "appear" like QR axles for that look and are used as an axle bobbin/slider type stand holder. I went on FastFrank's website and it appears that the red cone/bobbin is actually used as a place to pull the axle out with your hand on the QR axle system...pretty cool!.
For a peek at some real cool Duc racing parts:

www.fastfrank.com/

·
Registered
282 Posts
I've been looking for bobbins like that to no avail. They look bad ass. Z - let me know if you run across any for 1X98. Thanks.

S.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking for bobbins like that to no avail. They look bad ass. Z - let me know if you run across any for 1X98. Thanks.

S.
The only thing I've come up with is a quick release axle set up. Go to FastFranks website and you can order an assembly. They offer red, blue and black cones.
They only way to get that "look" otherwise Frank said is to weld the cones onto the axle, forget about the rest of the stuff. Then your paying just about as much as buying the QR unit.
How did you make out with the CF tank guards? Pics?
For some reason I can't get the website to load.....

·
Registered
282 Posts
The only thing I've come up with is a quick release axle set up. Go to FastFranks website and you can order an assembly. They offer red, blue and black cones.
They only way to get that "look" otherwise Frank said is to weld the cones onto the axle, forget about the rest of the stuff. Then your paying just about as much as buying the QR unit.
How did you make out with the CF tank guards? Pics?
For some reason I can't get the website to load.....
Thanks Z.

I'm waiting for my track pic from VIR last week. I'll post when I get them.

I'll call Frank for the black conical QR set. BTW: his NCR replica is pretty cool.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I think that is a pretty badass looking bike... IMO no comparison to the hideous Terblanche designed bodywork.

I'd love to see what it looks like in Yellow. ;)

Really? That thing looks like an abortion... Yellow usually does fix anything that ugly, its called Magpie Syndrome, make it shiny and someone will like it.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Z.

I'm waiting for my track pic from VIR last week. I'll post when I get them.

I'll call Frank for the black conical QR set. BTW: his NCR replica is pretty cool.
He's got loads of really cool parts. I'm not going to spend the $$$ for the QR axle component kit but for you and other track rats it's a nice little addition + it's looks racy on the Ducati.
Here's his website info:

Home Page

·
Registered
406 Posts
I was perusing Radical Ducati and on their RAD01 and RAD02 models they have very cool front and rear axle bobbins. Does anyone know where they can be purchased here in the US. I've Emailed Rad Duc. a few times w/o a response.
They aren't "crash bobbins" and they clearly aren't "lift bobbins" but as someone said, are designed to aid in quickly removing the front or rear axle. Not shown are the axle guides on the other side of the bike, like this one on my Monster:

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That's odd, not like them at all.

Every time I've emailed them with a query, they've gotten back to me within 24 hours. Perhaps try again?
I emailed them a while ago asking for a set of Rad Duc logo decals. They got right back to me and sent them out.
So far they haven't responded... Are they away for August holiday too?. No matter what appears to be a stand bobbin/slider protector is a quick release axle kit.

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They aren't "crash bobbins" and they clearly aren't "lift bobbins" but as someone said, are designed to aid in quickly removing the front or rear axle. Not shown are the axle guides on the other side of the bike, like this one on my Monster:
When I saw them on RAD DUC's stuff they appeared to be a lift/slider bobbin....I've since found out that the "bobbin" portion is just a cone to put your hand on so you can yank the axle out....cool none the less!
FF sells those nylon axle guides....he says they will work as a axle slider....they are cool too!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts