Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys! I am traveling to Italy pretty soon (in a month or so) and would like to visit a Ducati dealer, shop or place where I can purchase NEW OEM 1991 900ss parts like body panels, etc. All suggestions/leads greatly appreciated!

Thanks Gang!!! :D

Vickon:abduct:

·
Registered
979 Posts
hmmm... I really don't think you need to go all the way to Italy to get OEM parts. If you are in it for the novelty then that is cool, but in the age of the internet it is not really advantageous. Although I think the exchange rate is pretty decent right now.

·
Premium Member
169 Posts
If you are in Bologna, be sure to visit the Ducati Factory and Ducati Museum--I last visited in 2001.

If you are in Rome, be sure to have lunch at the Ducati Cafe. We were just there last year to visit our daughter and it was one of the best if not the best meals we had in Italy. You really can't go wrong with any food in Italy--it's all great!

When I return to Italy I'd like to visit the Rizoma factory--talk about a candy land of parts! I think the factory is in Varese, northern Italy, but not sure.

Just look in the phone book when you get to a town and check out the local shops. Also ebay Italia at:

Ducati Vendita Moto Usate in tutta Italia - eBay Annunci

Remember to bargain--it is Italy!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Where to shop...

Hey samcombs, I visited the Ducati Cafe in Rome last September and sure enough it was magnificent with all the Monsters displayed on the walls and risers!

I want to buy a set of New 1991 900ss side panels and not sure where to go! I'll check the places you mentioned! Hopefully I get a "specific" lead as to the right place/shop where I can order or purchase a NOS panel(s). :eek:

Thanks Sam!

Amehl, I try to visit Italy every year. I will appreciate if you find something like the (link ) samcombs sent me. Anything you can possibly think in order to find a NEW set of 1991 900ss panels, let me know! Honestly, I have only checked the USA Ebay and nothing else! :(

Once again, thanks!

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
It could be worth contacting this seller on EBay: Monster, Carene items in victorysnc store on eBay!

He is a dealer based in Italy and I have bought numerous items from him without hassle and all great quality etc.
He doesn't speak English as far as I am aware, but if you can't speak/write Italian you'll probably be able to get your message across using the translation feature in MS Word or one of the ones on the web.
Best of luck and have an enjoyable trip to Italy!

·
Premium Member
6,919 Posts
I am going to be there next month, during WDW(World Ducati Week) after the Silverstone Moto GP & Isle of Man TT.

I was thinking about picking up a slipper clutch.

Craig

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It could be worth contacting this seller on EBay: Monster, Carene items in victorysnc store on eBay!

He is a dealer based in Italy and I have bought numerous items from him without hassle and all great quality etc.
He doesn't speak English as far as I am aware, but if you can't speak/write Italian you'll probably be able to get your message across using the translation feature in MS Word or one of the ones on the web.
Best of luck and have an enjoyable trip to Italy!
Thank you very much cs363! I can manage the italian language so I'll contact him right away!!! Thanks!!!! I will really appreciate all the "leads" you guys can throw here! I just want to return from italy with some NEW OLD STOCK body panels if possible!!! :D

Thanks again guys!!! ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have found that going to italy to buy ducati parts is more expensive than getting them here in canada. Crazy!!

I even called termignoni as a family member told me that you can buy pipes directly from them to save a bundle, however, it appears that they will sell you anything you want direct so long as it is not for a ducati. If you want termis for a ducati they tell you to go to ducati.

If you are going to buy leathers i would highly recommend it as you can get incredible deals on leathers, everything else i found to be more expensive and even more so now with the euro!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts