Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Linux Junkie
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved to the Green Bay area and I'm looking for some good areas to ride. Does anyone else live in this area?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Can't speak much about Green Bay itself, but riding up through Door County (the "thumb" of Wisconsin) is really beautiful. Also, look to head south into the Kettle Morraine area. Never ridden much west of GB but pretty country up there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good news, bad news. Good news is that Wisconsin is beautiful and has lots of twisty roads. I used to race bicycles there for a few weeks each summer back 25-30 years ago and I remember the roads as winding and tree lined. Bad news is-and this is going to be a shock coming from TX-it's REALLY cold about 9 months a year. I raced in 40 mph wind at 40 degrees and pouring rain in June back in '79 and it left an indelible impression on me. Haven't been back since.

Do you like football? :rolleyes:

·
grand poobah
714 Posts
The south west is the prettiest, in my mind. Curvy roads and lots of elevation changes. Try the Lacrosse area. Along the way there just north of Madison, is Devils Lake also a pretty area. If you know architecture at all Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesen is there(Spring Green is the actual city) The fall color ride for Harley goes from Merrill, (Just north of Wausau) to Tomahawk on highway 107. A nice bendy road that follows a river. I dont recomend you attend the festivities as it is a zoo then. They also seem to miss best color each year. So ride it any other time. Closer to you is 55, that runs north from 29 along the Wolf river. If you are into real touring the U.P. is always nice. Lake Superior is almost always to cold to swim in. Picture Rocks and the Apostle islands are very nice. Ride Safe Brad

·
Registered
168 Posts
The south west is the prettiest, in my mind. Curvy roads and lots of elevation changes. Try the Lacrosse area. Along the way there just north of Madison, is Devils Lake also a pretty area. If you know architecture at all Frank Lloyd Wright's Taliesen is there(Spring Green is the actual city) The fall color ride for Harley goes from Merrill, (Just north of Wausau) to Tomahawk on highway 107. A nice bendy road that follows a river. I dont recomend you attend the festivities as it is a zoo then. They also seem to miss best color each year. So ride it any other time. Closer to you is 55, that runs north from 29 along the Wolf river. If you are into real touring the U.P. is always nice. Lake Superior is almost always to cold to swim in. Picture Rocks and the Apostle islands are very nice. Ride Safe Brad
+1.

Door County is a little flat for my taste. SW is the best when you add in Hwy 33 near the Dells that takes you west to LaCrosse. Wildcat Mountain State Park is on that route. Closest area in the state to Deal's Gap.

In your area, north and west of Green Bay is the Nicolet National Forest. 64 to 32 and any of the County highways that shoot off are great. Very little traffic.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....306768,-88.509293&spn=0.471335,0.712051&z=11

·
Registered
259 Posts
Plan a ride

Plan a ride for next riding season and I'll come up and join you - I'll also try and get a couple other ST riders to join. While I think most of the state is fantastic I especially like the North East....

BTW us geeks need to stick together......:D

Randy

·
Registered
209 Posts
Of course the smart ass answer this time of year is simply
SOUTH.
Cheeers,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts