Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to replace the funky stock windscreen fasteners on my 916. I'm having the nose painted with the number plate scheme and replacing the stock clear windscreen with a DP tinted one. I called Munroe Mtrs and they advised each one of the newer fasteners are $12.95 a piece times 9! Needless to say I'm not buying those. I was told also Lockard Phillips fasteners are too large, so I'm thinking of going down to ACE Hardware at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
184 Posts
John said:
I want to replace the funky stock windscreen fasteners on my 916. I'm having the nose painted with the number plate scheme and replacing the stock clear windscreen with a DP tinted one. I called Munroe Mtrs and they advised each one of the newer fasteners are $12.95 a piece times 9! Needless to say I'm not buying those. I was told also Lockard Phillips fasteners are too large, so I'm thinking of going down to ACE Hardware at this point.

Does anyone have any ideas?
if the windscreen screws are the same as a749 you shouldnt have a problem

·
Registered
167 Posts
Let me know if you find a good source for the windscreen fasteners. I too need to order a set, or find another way to bolt the screen on.

6: FAIRING FIXING KIT 1622534-001 $8.12 (Bikebandit.com)

That's crazy expensive for something so simple. Especially when you need 9 of them!

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was referred to ZeroGravity.com. It looks like they have a good selection of fasteners. I emailed them for size recommendations.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I dont know about you guys but I drilled my windscreen holes a little bit bigger and used the cheap lockhart windscreen screws, I think it looks better overall with a little bit bigger heads on the screws

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Zero Gravity doesn't have the Ducati size. On another site someone indicated Cycle Gear has them. I'll check that out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
John said:
Zero Gravity doesn't have the Ducati size. On another site someone indicated Cycle Gear has them. I'll check that out.
Just checked it and you can get the ones they have cheaper though LP

·
Registered
670 Posts
Ace Hardware for sure

I was told also Lockhart Phillips fasteners are too large, so I'm thinking of going down to ACE Hardware at this point. Does anyone have any ideas?
If you did go to Ace hardware here is your shopping list:

8/32 x 1/2 nylon screws
8/32 nylon acorn nuts
x9 screws + nuts at $0.73 each = $6.57 + state taxes

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.