Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
yes just goto the K&N website and order you a couple of the KN153 filter. Its a pretty nice filter. I'd say as nice or nicer than the Ducati brand filters. The best part is that it has a removal nut on the bottom so you can take it off with a rachet. I believe its free shipping iirc.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
KN-153 You can also get them at most auto parts stores, they may not stock them but they can have them a day or so and no shipping charges. Get 2 while your there:D

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Or hey, here's an idea: Maybe support your local motorcycle shop. :think:

If people keep buying their shit online, the only brick and mortar stores left will be the dealerships. You think they overcharge for parts and service now, wait until you've run all the independents out of town!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Or hey, here's an idea: Maybe support your local motorcycle shop. :think:

If people keep buying their shit online, the only brick and mortar stores left will be the dealerships. You think they overcharge for parts and service now, wait until you've run all the independents out of town!
Well maybe its because the closest shop is over 100 miles away and I don't have the time or resources to pay them a visit everytime I need an oil filter. Ever think of that? I would buy from the dealer and get them to ship it to me if only they didn't need ten dollars just to ship it to me:eek: They overcharge us not because they have to but, because they can.

oh and I do still make the long hike up to the dealer for certain things, but there's no way I'm going that far everytime I need something like an oil filter.

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
Alpha said:
Well maybe its because the closest shop is over 100 miles away...
Well...

The original poster lives in SoCal, according to his profile, so I don't imagine that's a problem for him, and I'm guessing the majority of motorcycle riders live closer to a major metro area than 100 miles.

If you really do live out in the sticks, then I think the internet is a great resource. But as for Milledgeville, GA, what about Rhino Powersports? Can't they get you K&N filters and other commonly needed parts?

Where did Aaron Yates get all his parts when he was coming up? There wasn't an internet when he was young!

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Well...

The original poster lives in SoCal, according to his profile, so I don't imagine that's a problem for him, and I'm guessing the majority of motorcycle riders live closer to a major metro area than 100 miles.

If you really do live out in the sticks, then I think the internet is a great resource. But as for Milledgeville, GA, what about Rhino Powersports? Can't they get you K&N filters and other commonly needed parts?

Where did Aaron Yates get all his parts when he was coming up? There wasn't an internet when he was young!
That's funny, my local dealer told me I could by oil and filters elsewhere and save some cash, just come back when I really needed his help.
Imagine that?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Well...

Sorry man I guess I just misread your post. You were suggesting to use the local bike shops. I thought you were suggesting to always visit the Ducati dealerships for parts. As for Aaron, I actually know the guy fairly well. We used to ride at the same local motocross track. He always recognizes me when I run into him around town. The guy's actually fast as hell on a dirt bike too:eek: I guess if your good on two wheels then you're just good on two wheels!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here's a part number list,

• AMSOil SMF 132/132C
• EMGO 10-26980
• Fram PH6019, PH6074
• K&N KN-153
• NAPA 7013
• WIX 57013

1 - 11 of 11 Posts