Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I wanted to order some parts for my 95 900ssCR, so I got all my part numbers, and then went and input them into Ducati Omaha. Eeach number returned many many results, most cost 0.00 and weren't available, then there were various others that might be it or might not or I don't know.

ANyone have some good tips on where to find new parts from a place like this?

·
Registered
129 Posts
call them when they open after the Thanksgiving holiday, get a real human being parts person on the phone for accurate answers, correct current part numbers OR the dreaded "no longer available" retort.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
often you need to order parts for these oldies, wait for it to be sourced from italy and then have them decide it's nla. lots of stuff is becoming nla, and i've had a few things recently involve the above wait before being told it's nla.

or have it just be wrong - the part number for airbox lid clips now gets you the older style part from an 851 or 907 without the hole for the pin.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
That's why I gave up on building any more 1st Gen Honda V45s or V65s ... things like water pumps, oil pumps, bearings, cams, cam chain guides and springs, etc were just totally out of production. And the used market was getting to be shit. What parts you could find were worn out garbage that was grossly overpriced. Pushed me into late 1990s HD Sportsters ... then ultimately these 1990s 900SSs. I'll begin hoarding various engine parts for my '96 CR next year ... I'm out of cash right now (shhh ... Christmas gifts for my wife and brother will be soaking up the available munnies ... don't tell anyone!!).

:censored: ❗❗❗❗❗

Might even decide to go all in on the 1000DS platform, partially since it's not as old and it may have a longer life parts wise, and then collect spare parts for that rather than "wasting time and money" doing CPR on the ever-aging 900SS engines.

:cool:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Agreed! When I needed airbag clips I looked on eBay. Found them but paid up. Worth it - for an old bike! I recall OEM vehicle parts were only stocked for "10 years" so I think Ducati Omaha is doing great.

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
What do you need? Many of us are sitting on parts hoards. Perhaps posting a list of what you want will yield results. That said, ebay and google are always my stops when looking for SS parts.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, thanks for all the info guys. That all makes sense and is logical. It's the oldest bike I've ever owned that was, I guess....not generic. Was pretty easy getting parts for a 69 Suzuki GS750. I don't know what 900ss SPECIFIC shit I need, I'm missing an exhaust spacer and thought I'd take a look.

I guess this is why I should pay a lot of attention to "Parting out a 96 900ss" from now on!

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
I learned some techniques for using eBay long ago searching for old Brit bike stuff:
1) If you find someone who has a part for the bike inquire what else they have.
2) If a bike breaker has apart they likely have the rest of the bike.
3) You can save sources you find for reference.
4) You can set up a search that will notify you when a part is found.
5) Some breakers deal specifically with your brand and have many more parts not listed.

Some of you already know all this. This may help those who are not eBay savvy.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts