Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seam to find any front and rear fenders in carbon fiber for my 1995 900SS. Any leads?

·
Registered
570 Posts
My dealer here in San Diego (GP Motorcylces) has a full line of carbon bling. If they don't have it in stock they can get it directly from Italy in 7/10 days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just called Air Tech. They offer their entire catalog in Carbon for a modest up charge!!

Very cool!

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Bumping this from the dead....I'm looking for a carbon front fender now as well.

Airtech's glass fender - $80
Airtech's carbon fender - $280. Not even a 100$ piece, just the outer layer. No thanks!

Not looking to spend a fortune on a carbon fender, but if I do it would be from someone like carbotech, shiftech, carboworld, etc...

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
CM composit lists a lot of parts for the 900SS - so they must still have all the molds. They have supplied Ducati performance for years

If we could put together a group buy, we could probably convince them to pull the molds out. Their stuff is all high quality pre-preg carbon with kevlar backing on the edges and mounting pounts.

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts

·
I hear airplanes
2,601 Posts
Thats Motowheels replying right above your post Steve...

Moto....I thought you were all out of stock on these?

·
Premium Member
2,496 Posts

:D I wondered if he was associated... Maybe they should update the website if they don't stock them anymore? :rolleyes: :p

You could try these guys - they're in Australia though... Racecon Products

So are these - but they're kinda pricey... Ducati Motorbike Carbon Fiber Kevlar Accessories by Geelong Carbon Craft

Or these - for someone a little more local... Ducati : Road Race Motorsports, Mitsubishi Suzuki Fiat Hyundia Performance Parts

And finally - and they seem to be the cheapest price - ducati carbon Fiber

Good luck - I have no idea if ANY of them are still actually making any of the bits... Post back how you go, as I may be interested in a replacement for mine - I've currently got a Harris Performance (UK made) one on my SL, as the original succumbed to the dreaded disc lock 'crunch'.:eek: I checked the Harris website, but it doesn't look like they make them any more - and I wouldn't recommend them anyway - the fit was crappy (which is why I may be interested in another replacement - due to a big chunk being worn off the back from tyre contact), and poor quality - they couldn't even fit their sticker on straight. On the other hand - it's not broken, just had a bit 'ground' off the back.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts

Don't know if we have them. I'm not at work.
If you checked with the guys at the shop already, they would know better.
We can get them from CM Composit- they respond faster when we give them orders of ten or more. Maybe we should create a group buy...

They have molds for alot of SS stuff. All high quality 100% pre-preg carbon fiber - and trimmed properly.

-M

·
Registered
979 Posts
There are always TONS on ebay. You could just buy one of those and refinish them so it looks new.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Still working toward producing fenders, bodywork and other trick NLA bits for our bikes. See my thread titled "checking interest in reproduction CF..." or something like that.

Slowed down because my "mentor" in this venture (cabinet maker by trade) and I have been super busy on his work.

It's still gonna happen, just gotta work on it between projects...

Cheers,

Tom

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
I'd be interested in a group buy. I'd like a CF front fender and rear hugger for my 1992 SS.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts