Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know who makes a pressure plate that fits the slipper clutch????

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanx tyler, Dp show the P/P as part of the entire slipper clutch.
Its seems like my options are limited, Ive seen the one on motowheels. Its nice but Im not feeling it. I'll keep looking

·
Chilehead
6,984 Posts
No-one sells an aftermarket plate for slippers, only for standard clutches, as each slipper is different. If you need a new one you will need to get it from the manufacturer of the slipper.

Tom

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That explains why there hard to find but I've seen plenty of 1098R's with this mod, So how could that be.

Also, shouldnt this one work?
Shinobi Pro Ducati Pressure Plate - For OEM slipper clutch - Red

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=442|Ducati&productID=6368&showDetail=1&categoryID=1044|Clutch%20Pressure%20Plate&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168|European%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I checked on this before for my Yoyodyne slipper and they said the same thing. Each slipper requires a specific pressure plate.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^ so the solution is???

·
Premium Member
3,709 Posts
I know there are previous posts about who makes the Ducati Slipper, so do a search and then email that company. I think Tye knows who makes the Ducati Slipper.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know there are previous posts about who makes the Ducati Slipper, so do a search and then email that company. I think Tye knows who makes the Ducati Slipper.
thanx for the info

Almost all the clutches are made by Bucci and its VERY easy to order a new pressure plate directly out of the Ducati Performance catalog. I've done it, most other people have done it, just go to a local dealer and order.
simple enough. I've been browsing ducati.com but had a feeling everything wasn't on there. Thanx tye

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THANX FOR YOUR HELP FELLAS.

Turns out the 1098R comes with a red P/P from the factory, Im still laughing about all the research I did. loll.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Equal rebuttal

THANX FOR YOUR HELP FELLAS.

Turns out the 1098R comes with a red P/P from the factory, Im still laughing about all the research I did. loll.
GOOD stuff _ thanks to Martin and Co at Motowheels - I did the same: ordered a P/P from them at a new open clutch cover order, and Matt stared at me and said "you know the R already has a red pressure plate - have you taken the cover off yet?" saved me a few hun...

BTW and FWIW, I think the 1198S has same instance. No need to buy a $400 accessory thats hidden under the hood

1 - 13 of 13 Posts