Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I read about a member on here dietrich that made lowering brackets for the gauges but for the life of me I cannot find a site that sells them. Anyone care to point me in the right direction please???? Thanks !

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not sure if he is making them anymore.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Guess I owe you all an explanation. I'm not allowed to talk about my parts on this board because I am not a "vendor". Ths cost for me to become one would exceed any profits I might make from selling a couple accessories. Silly, but true. I've been able to sell out every batch of brackets, airbox covers, and quick-release side cover conversions just from word of mouth alone, almost entirely from people on this forum. For that I THANK YOU!

I would love to be making more parts, and have plenty of ideas for other pieces for Sport Classics as well. But...it's a big upfront cost for me at this point to get the stuff put together. Last year my lovely wife of 8 years met a guy online and decided she would rather be with him and break up our family. I got the house and the dog, and get to be with the true love of my life, my 8 y/o daughter, only part time. This has had the effect of increasing my living expenses and decreasing my income. It's also reduced my ride time. Not looking for sympathy here, just telling the facts.

I'm hoping to be able to pull out of some debt and make more stuff in the future. Selling the parts has been a ton of fun, and does offset the maintenance cost of my bike, which is helpful. Thanks to everyone for your interest!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Hey!

Mighty smart lookin' passenger you've got there! No doubt she'll grow up enjoying at least some of the same things you do.

Thanks for the bits you've sold me, I hope it works out for you to continue producing. I hope you see how respected and appreciated you are amongst the forum.:cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mighty smart lookin' passenger you've got there! No doubt she'll grow up enjoying at least some of the same things you do.

Thanks for the bits you've sold me, I hope it works out for you to continue producing. I hope you see how respected and appreciated you are amongst the forum.:cool:

Ditto....I hope things get better for you bud. And I look forward to your next batch of parts when your ready!! You're definetly a vital part of the sport classic community, I didnt even find my bike yet and Im already looking for your parts !!! =)

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
That sucks Dietrich but most of us have been over similar speed bumps in life and gone on to bigger and better things. I won't say it doesn't take the wind out of your sails for a while though.
I'm enjoying your airbox lid and guage brackets.
Real quality work mate.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sorry to hear about the misfortune. Seems like you have your head on straight and will make it through OK. I have enjoyed using your stuff and found it all to be top grade. I guess making your own mods and sharing them with people is just too simple a thing to ask for. Rules is rules, I guess. How is it that other non-vendor memebers can collect oney here through links to defer R&D expense?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ditto....I hope things get better for you bud. And I look forward to your next batch of parts when your ready!! You're definetly a vital part of the sport classic community, I didnt even find my bike yet and Im already looking for your parts !!! =)
+1 Dietrich.

Cheers

g.

·
Premium Member
2,241 Posts

Very well said! You clearly have the best riding partner that any of us could hope for. +1 for the respect that you have in this community. I hope that everything gets worked through very soon for you. Lord know how much I love "DP's Bang Bang Magic Gauge Lowering Brackets", and if I ever sell my bike I'm likely keeping them on my shelf.:D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Dietrich
Thanks for the explanation, I have been there too and found it was really hard to talk about sometimes. Wish you the best in healing the wounds and fading the scars.

Guess I owe you all an explanation. I'm not allowed to talk about my parts on this board because I am not a "vendor". Ths cost for me to become one would exceed any profits I might make from selling a couple accessories. Silly, but true. I've been able to sell out every batch of brackets, airbox covers, and quick-release side cover conversions just from word of mouth alone, almost entirely from people on this forum. For that I THANK YOU!

I would love to be making more parts, and have plenty of ideas for other pieces for Sport Classics as well. But...it's a big upfront cost for me at this point to get the stuff put together. Last year my lovely wife of 8 years met a guy online and decided she would rather be with him and break up our family. I got the house and the dog, and get to be with the true love of my life, my 8 y/o daughter, only part time. This has had the effect of increasing my living expenses and decreasing my income. It's also reduced my ride time. Not looking for sympathy here, just telling the facts.

I'm hoping to be able to pull out of some debt and make more stuff in the future. Selling the parts has been a ton of fun, and does offset the maintenance cost of my bike, which is helpful. Thanks to everyone for your interest!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts