Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies if this has been asked and answered already. I've searched, and there are volumes written on rotors, but I haven't seen where to buy them.

My local shops seem to have difficulty finding rotors, but it seems like the ST3 fronts are interchangeable with other models. So I'm curious where you folks would buy rotors, and what models really are interchangeable. Looking for some front full floaters.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm looking too but I have an st3sabs and I don't see any listing for the ABS version....any Help would be appreciated

·
Registered
85 Posts
EBC has an ABS rotor

I got mine from here:
http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/default.asp

I'm not sure the ABS type is listed, but it sure is available.
Personally i think they are an improvement in the dry and work very good when hot, however in the wet they are worse than the brembo's. They take some time before they actually engage. Perhaps one or two wheel revolutions.

Eric, 2005 St4S ABS

·
Registered
3,806 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Check ebay as well.
I picked up a lightly used set of EBC full floaters for $200.
Make sure you change the pads as well.

Getting rid of the frigging shudder changed my view of the bike, I was almost getting ready to sell it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
The shudder was caused by either the stock Brembo rotors or stock pads.This 2004 I bought had low mileage and the stock pads.

I've owned over 30 motorcycles and the Ducati was the only one with this problem.Personnally I have had zero issues with Ebc or ferodo pads.

Buying used rotors was a risk, the guy was honest so I lucked out.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up getting Galfer wave rotors & pads from EMA-USA. They're an online vendor, but they happen to be located practically in my backyard; literally a 3 minute drive.

All of the rotors I found seemed to be close to the same price, and I've heard good things about Galfer, so that was that. Had them on for a week or so now. They're working well.

·
Registered
439 Posts
M****duc has 996 rotors on eBay NOW !

I received an email in the last day or so. an eBay dealer has 996 rotors for sale and I believe these are 100% compatible with our ST series rotors.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts