Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I asked my dealer how much for a full termi 2 into 1 would cost and it is around $2,800.00. Is this what everyone else paid? Anyone have a lead on a cheaper source? It is a first gen hyper, Standard 2008 Model.

Let me know if you have seen any deals or close outs. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Termignoni is probably the most over-priced brand ever ..seriously !! And from what I've read on this forum and other sources , its nearly impossible for any support from them in case of defective parts or failure. There are plenty of other options .

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Termignoni is probably the most over-priced brand ever ..seriously !!
I dont think Termi is over-priced for any other bike brand.
The Ducati-Termi exclusivity is the real issue here. The fact that you can only purchase a Termi for a Ducati via a dealer and that they all come bundled with ECU is the issue.

For any 07-09 Hyper, any 2-1 (other than Termi) + Microtec ECU will give you way better results than a Termi kit for the same price (or less)

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I got mine off eBay a while back for $1500 new in the box. Search around you may get lucky.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I've got a highly modded Tard and am running the Termi 2 into 1 system and am very happy with the system. I'm running cams, stacks and a lightened flywheel. Bike pulls hard to the blnking red light in every gear, pulls great down low and up to the blinking light and don't have any popping on decel. I love the sound, what's not to like?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
I dont think Termi is over-priced for any other bike brand.
The Ducati-Termi exclusivity is the real issue here. The fact that you can only purchase a Termi for a Ducati via a dealer and that they all come bundled with ECU is the issue.

For any 07-09 Hyper, any 2-1 (other than Termi) + Microtec ECU will give you way better results than a Termi kit for the same price (or less)
Your right !! Maybe I'm being alittle harsh . I remember when another member up here had his 2-1 canister fail and termi would not help him with anything . To me ,a product has to be more than just what it is . It's the customer service that goes along with it is what's most important to me

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Usually the ducati dealer will sort it all out for the customer as it is considered a ducati performance part. Whereas were you to turn up with any other system they would probably turn you away "not our product, not our problem" which is what attracted me to buying a termi in the first place.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
I originally posted justifying the purchase of a Termi system. It looks like the thread has gotten a bit off track. I purchased mine when I bought my bike. Try Home « Commonwealth Motorcycles. These guys stock a lot of parts and will work with you on the price. I've purchased numerous bikes from them, referred numerous people who have purchased and bought lots of parts and accessories from them. Good luck in your quest, and if I can be of any assistance, please pm me.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the replies! The reason I want to go termi is simply because I want a plug and play set up. Full exhaust and ECU. I am tempted to cobble a used ECU, have it reflashed and then pick up what ever comes my way via ebay this winter.

...Australia is just too far. I appreciate the offer, but any cost savings would be eaten up in shipping. Good on you though.

I will give Com Moto a call tomorrow and see where I end up.

Hollar at me if you see a smokin deal.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts