Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace it with a "Signal Minder" as I never seem to remember to cancell the turn signals. All my other bikes have self cancelling signals or I've added Signal Minders.

But try as I may, I can't locate the dang thing............Where is it!

TIA

·
Registered
319 Posts
It is under the left side of the nose fairing. It is also yellow that makes it easier to locate.

-Fariborz

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I'm unfamiliar with a "signal minder". But if it is a 2-prong flasher substitute, it most likely will not work. Our ST machines are blessed with a three-prong electronic flasher, and not a simple bi-metallic heat-type unit. It took me a lot more effort to connect my "simple" Sonalert to my ST2. After trying at the flasher (where I normally connect it easily), I had to take voltages from both left and right bulbs, and pass them thru diodes, and then to the Sonalert (beeper). Bigger PITA than I had anticipated!

·
Registered
882 Posts
If you turn the ignition on and operate either turn signal, you can follow the sound to the flasher.

There are several models of Signal Minders for Ducati. I bought one but it's a little bigger than the stock Ducati flasher and didn't fit the rubber mounting.

One of these days I'll see about modifying the mount... or one of these years.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts