Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time I wash my bike it drips water for about 48 hours (see pic). No big deal except I'm worried that all that water might be corroding something. Where is it coming from-the cush drive? I've never had that part of the bike apart to know what's inside. Anybody else noticed this on their bike or think it's a problem?

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
if you're worried about this, which you shouldn't be, I'd recommend the next time you clean go waterless/rinseless. i do this on my bike and cars

·
Registered
94 Posts
The swingarm is hollow. Look for the opening somewhere close to the pivot. Some fill it with construction expanding foam.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if you're worried about this, which you shouldn't be, I'd recommend the next time you clean go waterless/rinseless. i do this on my bike and cars
I second this. I never hose (water) down any of my bikes. Maybe a dirt bike if I had one if I was out playing in the mud. Damp rags and clean dry ones. Just to many electronics nowadays.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies folks! I usually do dry clean it with something like hondabrite, but occasionally give it a good bath. If I get caught on a wet road that seems like the only way to get it really clean. haloguy628, I found the opening you were referring to and am betting that's where all the water is getting in. In the future I'll put painter's tape or something similar temporarily over it and see if that fixes this problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts