Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any picture I look at has nowhere a battery and I don't think they can fit it under the tank or under the tail. Or do I need glasses?

So anybody have a clue?

The Fighter that travels the country and is shown at many dealers does not even have a harness and is just a non functional " display model".

What about the rumor that the S model comes with a set of Termis in the box?

·
Bon Vivant
10,786 Posts
You are right the display model did not have a wiring harness and probably didn't have a battery in it, and it felt SO freakin light when I sat on it!

It may not be all that light when it's all said and done, who knows?

But I doubt they will bungy a battery to the side of the thing, I'm confident it will be clean and neat (not as confident that it will work well) :eek:

Termis with the S model? Not likely! The bikes that have included termis in the past were priced appropriately... The tricolore 1098 was $25K when the standard S was $20k.
There's plenty of difference between the two bikes to justify the price of the S model without adding Termis.

·
Registered
215 Posts
You are right the display model did not have a wiring harness and probably didn't have a battery in it, and it felt SO freakin light when I sat on it!

It may not be all that light when it's all said and done, who knows?

But I doubt they will bungy a battery to the side of the thing, I'm confident it will be clean and neat (not as confident that it will work well) :eek:

Termis with the S model? Not likely! The bikes that have included termis in the past were priced appropriately... The tricolore 1098 was $25K when the standard S was $20k.
There's plenty of difference between the two bikes to justify the price of the S model without adding Termis.
I agree. I spoke to the Ducati rep at the races yesterday in Fontana and he did tell me that the black "S" that was circulating from show to show was a non functional and that they had just received a production model on thursday. He said that there were a few minor changes made to the production model. That kind of made me nervous and he assured me that they were very minor and hardly noticeable. Things like the back hugger he said was kind of flimsy on the show model.

·
Registered
36 Posts
On the KTM superduke R's they stuff the battery behind the front radiator behind the nose cowl and is protected from exhaust pipe heat by a heat shielded case. Good idea to keep the weight low on the bike I suppose. Where are the secured on the Monster?

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can bet on that.:) I have a Streetfighter on order and that's going to be my personal ride so within reasons I will get everything done for this bike.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I spent the better part of a day with one of the show/dealer Streetfighter bikes that has been touring around and the battery is definitely under the tail section. The bike we had did not have a battery installed, nor any wiring harness or ECU, however there was a molded in slotted area under the tail section where the battery will sit.

Add the wiring harness, a full tank of gas, the battery mounted up high in the tail and it will definitely feel a lot different than the one they have been touring around with. I *wish* it would feel as light as the prototype bike. :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Before you think it is too bad, the official press kit for the Streetfighter says the "S" version weighs in at 368 lbs. dry. Ducati quotes the 1198S dry weight at 372 lbs.

So the streetfighter is actually a little bit lighter than the 1198S. :D

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
384 Posts
From motorcycle.com: "This is surprisingly tall for a bike without undertail exhaust pipes, but the Streetfighter’s lean and unfaired design forced the tailsection to contain the electronics, battery and exhaust valve servo. "

·
Registered
34 Posts
battery

I f you look at the tail outline (the undertail..), you can guess where the battery is located. It's basically right behind the seat and yes, it's quite tight in there: Traction control,data acquisition USB (big), ECU, battery, the valve servo is actually under the seat), all the fuses, etc etc etc...

http://www.motoazores.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ducatistreetfighter1098-10693-001-f1.jpg

The only two exhaust options I can see happening is a higher "legal" setup (S4rs style) or under/behind the engine box (illegal).

The single sided swingarm prevent a monster 696 set up, and would start heating up the electronics of the tail..(maybe).

Mine will have two short stubby round old-school simple cans at the end of Ti line at the same(+/-) location of currents...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This post reminds me when I was looking at a Harley Davidson V-Rod and didn't see any gas cap. I asked the salesman where the gas tank was and he said "Under the seat", I thought "How stupid"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts