Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new to me 2004 ST4S in nice shape last year. I had a full service done, new tires, hoses, etc. it’s been awesome. Recently I noticed the digital odometer has quit counting up. The rest of the dash seems fine. I would like to check the pickup but I’m not sure where it’s located. I can’t seem to find any threads on this so maybe it’s unique. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I purchased a new to me 2004 ST4S in nice shape last year. I had a full service done, new tires, hoses, etc. it’s been awesome. Recently I noticed the digital odometer has quit counting up. The rest of the dash seems fine. I would like to check the pickup but I’m not sure where it’s located. I can’t seem to find any threads on this so maybe it’s unique. Any help would be appreciated.
Pretty sure 2004+ have the sensor at the rear wheel. Possibly got damaged or just bumped during tire change?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is true. The odometer sensor on my late 04-ST4s went out once on a trip. It was replaced and no problems afterwards.
I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s the digital dash. The speedometer works fine as do all other functions but the odometer and trip meter. Time for SOS.

·
Still needs a life.
12,545 Posts
Are the speedometer and odometer measured by the same sensor? If not, the problem may still be the odometer's sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are the speedometer and odometer measured by the same sensor? If not, the problem may still be the odometer's sensor.
Bill.
The cable at the rear wheel is the same for the speedometer and the odometer. It looks like a dash problem and I’m getting quotes of nearly $400 which isn’t firm. I may revert to using GPS. It’s not a problem that will stop me from riding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts