Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a CustomLED Blaster-X tail light. Had to disassemble the entire rear tail assembly. Not a huge deal but sure as h**l NOT a quick job, though the tail light itself is plug-n-play.

Sooo...before I got it reassembled, I noticed this washer was laying on the ground (pic attached). The green circle is a retaining clig that popped-off the tail assembly (as far as I could tell) and the arrow shows the direction from where the washer fell...I think. It's the area above the tail assembly where the wiring harness and relays, etc are packed-in behind/under the battery. I looked up into the area with my light and couldn't see anything where it could have popped out and looked from above as well.

Anyone know what a washer like this is from? Looks like washers I've seen in body panels of cars, but no idea here.

I went ahead and reassembled things and all works great....but never fun to have a part "left over" ha.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
I don’t know about the multistrada but my diavel has a washer just like that between the plastic rear hugger/fender and one of the mounting points on the swing arm. By any chance did you take the rear fender off?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I don’t know about the multistrada but my diavel has a washer just like that between the plastic rear hugger/fender and one of the mounting points on the swing arm. By any chance did you take the rear fender off?

Cheers
Yes! I removed the entire rear fender/tail assembly then separated the sections as they sandwich all of the wiring.

I didn't see signs of the washer having been seated on any of the studs. Oh well, probably a silly thing to ask about anyway. It's not like reassembling an F2 Toyota engine and seeing a freeze plug lying on the ground as it was hoisted on the engine lift (not that I'd know aaaanything about that!). Ha.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The washer goes on the screw in the picture between plastics (inside). There are 2 of them (one on each side). You, probably lost the second washer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts