Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a little metal curved guide popped off when i hit my right handlebar hit on the drop, and i cant figure out where it goes exactly as i put the new guard on. I looked at the parts fiche and mechanics guide and I dont see it mentioned anywhere. Does it look familiar? Could someone send me a pic of it on their 2012 ? Thanks!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I should note, i thought it was from the handlebar area but it could have been somewhere further down..

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
Doesn't look familiar to me... what year bike?

There ARE a number of cable management bits that my bike has around the triple tree to keep cables routing to the bars and dash in order (it's an area that many bikes have issues with... pinching and wear/short problems)... I'd look there first.

@oxidefilm Lol!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@oxidefilm - ha! , it'll go into my jar of homeless whatzadizzles if I can't figure it out, I can't bear to throw things away :) I don't think all hell will break loose without it but also won't want to find out on surprise it was letting me get lock to lock without binding anything.

@DaveK - It's a 2012 MTS1200 PP. Yeah somewhere around the triple tree - steering stem could make sense with all those cables. I had been playing with routing over time there as I've routed new handlebar gizmos. I'll check the fiche again for any clue.

If anyone with a 2012 happens to be poking around and sees where it goes, a pic would be appreciated. thx!

·
Premium Member
4,346 Posts
I don't think our bikes are super picky about how you route wires... just make sure they're not pinching anywhere or pulling too tight. I've messed with wiring around there and not had issues (just being careful) so you don't need to necessarily be EXACTLY how Ducati configured it.

·
Official Retired Person
7,522 Posts
Don't throw that in the trash. Put it in the metal recycle bin. You do have a metal recycle bin, don't you?

?

Reactions: DucmanST3
1 - 9 of 9 Posts