Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I was looking at a used 900SS which I would like to buy and could not find the frame number. Where shouldit be located? Stamped on the stearing head or on a small plate which is riveted on the frame anywhere?

best regards

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hi!

I was looking at a used 900SS which I would like to buy and could not find the frame number. Where shouldit be located? Stamped on the stearing head or on a small plate which is riveted on the frame anywhere?

best regards
Sitting on the bike, the VIN is stamped (at least on U.S. models) on a sticker on the frame underneath the left-hand side of the tank.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
To be more specific, stamped on the right side of the steering neck so as to be visible when the steering is locked to the left. Anything on a sticker does not count.

·
Registered
396 Posts
To be more specific, stamped on the right side of the steering neck so as to be visible when the steering is locked to the left. Anything on a sticker does not count.
+1, sticker = bad = don't buy it. All Ducks have the VIN on the steering head stamped with what looks like a center punch (dots), at least the older frames are like that.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts