Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small dilemma, I need to relocate the position of my state inspection sticker and just can not find a happy spot for it. I did see a cool carbon fiber plate that mounted to the front fender on the left side? I did see some chrome ones but I refuse to put chrome on my Ducati. Any suggestions oh wise ones?

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Mine is way way way up on the fork. It is far enough up that it is 5 years expired and it has not been noticed yet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Someone makes a carbon fiber piece that bolts to the lower fork by the axle. I know because a guy at work has his parking sticker on one. Don't know where he got it.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
I stuck mine to the backside of the liscence plate. Never had any problems in TX. A LEO asked about it, one time, and kindly sent me on my way after I pointed it out to him :)

·
Super Senior Poster
6,328 Posts
I have mine high on the left fork leg...required in PA. Tough to see if a cop is checking. In PA inspections come once a year.:eek:

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I have a small dilemma, I need to relocate the position of my state inspection sticker and just can not find a happy spot for it.
When I lived in VA, I put it on the lower part of the left fork on the ST and up high on the fork just below the top clamp on the SS. Has something changed?

I did get pulled over on the SS for placement once, but that was because I had the sticker too low. It was partially hidden by the faring and could not be scene well enough by the MC cop who wrote me the ticket (that and the bike was red and loud and not a Harley and errr maybe I was going faster than I should have been). I asked where it could go instead, but he did not know. After much research, I found the law a bit ambiguous in VA. It only says left side, forward of the center line. Once placing it on the fork where it could be easily scene, I had no problems.

This is where it was on the ST (pic taken the day I moved the bike to its new home in CT!)

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
In CT they go on the license plate. That's the law.
When I moved to the state I could find no real information concerning a CT MC inspection. I've lived in NH, VA and HI. All of those states required an actual inspection where, if you passed, you were issued an actual inspection sticker that had to be placed somewhere on the bike. All I could find for CT was the VIN check done at the DMV to get the registration tag. The only sticker I have on my bike is the month/year decal on my plate. Is that what you're talking about, or am I missing something???

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
When I moved to the state I could find no real information concerning a CT MC inspection. I've lived in NH, VA and HI. All of those states required an actual inspection where, if you passed, you were issued an actual inspection sticker that had to be placed somewhere on the bike. All I could find for CT was the VIN check done at the DMV to get the registration tag. The only sticker I have on my bike is the month/year decal on my plate. Is that what you're talking about, or am I missing something???
Yes, you are right. It's a Registration sticker not an actual inspection. Sorry about that and thanks for clarifying it.

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
When I lived in VA, I put it on the lower part of the left fork on the ST and up high on the fork just below the top clamp on the SS. Has something changed?

I did get pulled over on the SS for placement once, but that was because I had the sticker too low. It was partially hidden by the faring and could not be scene well enough by the MC cop who wrote me the ticket (that and the bike was red and loud and not a Harley and errr maybe I was going faster than I should have been). I asked where it could go instead, but he did not know. After much research, I found the law a bit ambiguous in VA. It only says left side, forward of the center line. Once placing it on the fork where it could be easily scene, I had no problems.

This is where it was on the ST (pic taken the day I moved the bike to its new home in CT!)

That is exactly what I was asking about, I just hate to put it on the fork. I have it mounted on a plate in place of the heal guard now. I was just wondering about other options. I know feather carbon has one listed that mounts to the fender mount like another poster mentioned.
BTW Nice looking bike!

·
Premium Member
12,362 Posts
Kinda ugly thing to put on a nice bike ..Like the British license plate.... Good to see you are abiding by the law....Whats wrong with a license plate annual sticker /colour coded , not being issued till you get the inspection done ...Too simple eh?? Something you got to live with..

·
Premium Member
5,655 Posts
I just hate to put it on the fork. I have it mounted on a plate in place of the heal guard now.
I think it comes down to the officer and what else you may have been doing at the time concerning sticker placement... The impression I got from my $60.00 lesson in sticker placement when I had that SS is it must be reasonably visible. I had the sticker pretty low on the fork, as it was sharing space with my navy base pass at the time. In all honesty, it was not visible unless you were standing next to the bike. It was hidden behind the upper faring. Having it on the heal guard may have the same effect if you were to capture the attention of an eager officer... I agree, I didn't like on the fork very much, but I really didn't notice after a while. I like CT (well at least for this law) there is no additional sticker, just the decal on the plate. Thanks bruce19 for confirming that for me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Not in the Golden State, laddy!

Good ahead, call us the land of fruits and nuts and big government,
we here in California just don't DO vehicle inspections. Yes, we do
have the every-other-year SMOG inspections, but not total vehicles.
They tried that briefly back in the 1960's and the populace very loudly
declared, "NO FREAKIN' WAY! KEEP YOUR COLD, DEAD STATE
GOVERNMENT FINGERS OFF OF MY TRUCK/CAR/BUS/MOTORCYCLE!"
I think you should just move here, where there's 12 months of
riding weather, anyway!
Now, if you would all politely just shut-up about mandatory annual
vehicle inspections, perhaps it will NEVER come to the attention of
our so-called "leaders" who are constantly on the prowl for ways
to separate us from our money. SHHHH!!!! Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts