Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this "Ducati" tag holder that goes around your bars and it was like $50.00!!!! To hold a freaking toll pass?! I know...I know...it's a Ducati.

On my sport bike I used some velcro on my windscreen...but I don't quite have that option anymore.

So where do you mount yours? ...and the better question is how do you avoid it being ugly >:)

·
Registered
26 Posts
I don't. In illinois they just charge your I-Pass from your plate number.

I used to carry it in my tank bag, but it was hit or miss if it would get picked up.
Same here in SF BayArea (FasTrak). I can add the plate number online, and it can go in effect immediately or at a specified date/time. Maybe your toll pass system might have similar feature although they might not widely advertise it. Maybe worth looking into.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't carry it. When the sensors pick up my bike, it charges my plate. 80% of the time the sensors doesn't even see my bike so its free.
In NY or I guess the east coast it's not like that. You need to have an RF pass available to be scanned.

Currently I carry it in my pocket and then would wait for the toll attendant to scan it and let me through, but I did get away with about $40.00 worth of tolls a bunch of times since I went through after it didn't pick up. 0:)(These are booths without a gate)

My plate is also angled really high so the camera's wouldn't pick it up.

·
Registered
312 Posts
In NY or I guess the east coast it's not like that. You need to have an RF pass available to be scanned.

Currently I carry it in my pocket and then would wait for the toll attendant to scan it and let me through, but I did get away with about $40.00 worth of tolls a bunch of times since I went through after it didn't pick up. 0:)(These are booths without a gate)

I live in Boston. I recently rode from Ohio to Boston.

·
Registered
387 Posts
In Texas, you can pay online via your car's toll tag.

·
Registered
798 Posts
In Texas, you can pay online via your car's toll tag.
Similar in FL, they just charge your SunPass account with or without transponder, doesn't matter. If you don't have an account they charge a $13 "service fee".

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
9,436 Posts

This.

Bridges and a bunch of other toll booths around here have swinging gates that don't open unless it reads your tag. I've been stuck behind a few that won't open because it won't read the stupid thing. Sucks.

Now I just go to an attendant and have them scan the barcode on the tag. Kind of defeats the purpose, but I don't have to deal with cash plus I get my EZPass discount.

·
Registered
62 Posts
An option for NYers would be to put it in a workout armband made for a large cel phone and wear in on your left arm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts