Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
LOL well mines not that crazy!!! I just keep her in the garage where she belongs but then again my winters here in Texas get up to 80 degrees F like last Thursday :D and of course we do get the occasional 25 degrees F on the weekends :mad: but never really thought about bringing her inside, I would be to afraid of hitting the door jam !!!!!!!

·
Registered
234 Posts
That is too cool! I keep mine in the garage also(no cars allowed,lol)..I can't beleive the woman on the couch is smiling,mine would not be happy about that!

·
Registered
78 Posts
stable mates

I keep my 748s as close as posible to my K hoping they'll keep other warm and
maybe they'll exchange a few qualities over our long NH winters. They have a dedicated section of the unheated but insulated garage. Where I have quick access to my tools for winter servicing, as you can see. The pistons, jugs and heads are out of the Duc to replace defective rockers.

Attachments

·
Registered
85 HD, 87 Paso 750, 94 Bimota DB2, 94 GSXR750, 96 GSXR1100, 98 ST2, 00 R1, 01 M900, 02 748, 03 999
3,451 Posts
The "Bike Room"

I keep both my Ducatis in the same place they stay during the rest of the year......in my "Bike Room"....with the Harley and the Husqvarna. This is a lower-level room of my house that I redid specifically for my bikes. I installed french doors to get the bikes in and out easier, I tiled the floor with commercial-grade tile, there is a 3'x4' map framed and haning on one wall with it marked off as to where all I've been on two-wheels, the same wall has about eighteen 6"x10" pictures of various places I've been on the bike, there are a few other framed posters on the other walls, and also my two tool boxes for working on them are in a corner.......yeppers....they stay in their own designated room of the house, all year round.....now, I just have to make room for the wife's GSXR.

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
I'd love to bring mine in the house but, that would cause me 'problems' so the Garage has to do, and because it's not joined to the house and it's not heated, although it rarely gets below freezing, it does get quite damp - which causes me corrosion problems, particularly the clutch plates, I have considered some form of heating but it would be too costly.

Having said that I work from home and my office is big enough, if only I could get the bike in the door, maybe I need to get a (large) outside door fitted to the office......... ;)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CHRISMI said:
That is too cool! I keep mine in the garage also(no cars allowed,lol)..I can't beleive the woman on the couch is smiling,mine would not be happy about that!
The woman in the pic is my wife. She is smiling because the bike is at my mother's house! You can actually see a piece of my brother's Kegerator to the left of my bike.

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
Mine is in the garage on Pitbull stands under a feather blanket and next to my attack trained German Shepherd dog. I've trained the dog to keep people away from the bike.

·
Chilehead
6,985 Posts
Until recently (i.e. the last 20 years), at work, outside in the snow. I finally got around to renting a garage this month, mainly because my bikes were starting to take up too much space at work, as I've got four now, one of which has a sidecar.

Tom

P.S. I last rode both Ducatis last week, though I did have to jump start the ST2 from one of my Guzzis.

·
Registered
234 Posts
RI749 said:
The woman in the pic is my wife. She is smiling because the bike is at my mother's house! You can actually see a piece of my brother's Kegerator to the left of my bike.
Ok,it makes more sense why she is smiling now,thanks for the clarification! i didn't notice the kegerator at first but i see it now. LOL thanks again for sharing

·
Registered
21 Posts
damn ducks

this has been a winter problem for years. we have a pool and pond out back and i wish those damn birds would stay out back, but both freeze over and the problem begins. every time they hear me driving toward the house they rush to the side of the garage. then as the garage opener klick on and the door opens, those damn ducks rush in to the rears of the garage and hide behind the ducs. every so often one of feathered little fart end up on top of the st3 or the m750. then i have to play flush the ducks before they crap on the ducs. same old sh*t every winter, but my wife wouldn't have it any other way. maybe next winter i get rid of both of them. not the ducs ... the wife and the ducks.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I'd keep mine in the lounge room except for a few little points. 1. Winter is a great riding time in Australia. 2. The exhaust scrapes as I come off the top stair. 3. I live on the 2nd floor of a block of flats. Body Corp may get upset!!

NOW!! when the Hypermotard comes home, then it's a different story.. hahaha

Mal

·
Registered
55 Posts
So far, in one of two heated shops. Either my buddys High performance auto racing shop, or at MotoPrimo (local Duc dealer) in their heated shop. And after this winter, I will never see snow again, unless its on top of a mountain, or on TV.

·
Registered
8,548 Posts
My 998 lives in the barn next to the Triumph Sprint RS. And, of course the assorted bicycles: LeMond Titanium, Maza Prestige, Bianchi Squadra and Specialized MB. What the hell am I doing with all these 2-wheelers !!?

bruce19

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.