Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ~people

I'll be picking up my 1 pice suit shortly. I was wondering if its possible

to make my suit into moto gp riders style ~ Sponsor patches ~!!

They seem to be printed on the riders suit ~ But does anyone know

if this kind of patching can be done???

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
In the quest for more speed, the MotoGP Teams found that the old style patches cause drag in windtunnel testing. Now the patches are printed onto the material. Your best bet on getting one, Call Casey.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
The harder part is going to be getting it made out of kangaroo with carbon fiber spine protector built in. Their suits weigh half of ours.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Customize your own leathers. If I had something cool to put on mine, and had a lot of money just laying around, I'd get my suit customized. This is one site that I found a year or so ago that specialized in custom lettering and designs...

http://www.spyderleatherworks.com/

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I wish they provided vinyl printing..........
For the bike?.....There are all sorts of decals available on eBay. If you are looking for sponsor-type stickers, just contact the manufacturers directly. More often than not, they will be more than happy to send you a few decals to stick on your bike, and usually for free. They figure two $0.10 stickers and postage for free advertising is a no-brainer.

·
comrade moderator
27,023 Posts
Usually your sponsors will supply the patches and stickers, along with specific location guidelines...and of course that big fat check in the package.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Go to e-bay and look up thepatchhouse. I had some Rossi custom leathers made and bought all my own patches I wanted to use from them. You can find any patch you want from them.

·
9,757 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
i am actually wearing a repsol replica suit right now... its crazy how much attention you get when you ride... looks good on the track and no doubt turn every head on the street... crash wise i have yet to try.
I have one for the Casey Stoner replica. almost same specs...
here are some pictures

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For the bike?.....There are all sorts of decals available on eBay. If you are looking for sponsor-type stickers, just contact the manufacturers directly. More often than not, they will be more than happy to send you a few decals to stick on your bike, and usually for free. They figure two $0.10 stickers and postage for free advertising is a no-brainer.
Thanks for the adcise ~ i am talking about the sponsor logos on the leather

suit ~

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Talk to Pilot, tell them you want a suit that looks exactly like Casey Stoner's, fill in the measurement form, and they'll make it for you for a grand plus shipping.

http://www.pilotleathers.com/

Excellent suits. I recommend them to everyone. I'm so happy with mine that I'm thinking of ordering a spare.
Thanks Matt ~!! I hope they use printing rather tan stitching .~!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i am actually wearing a repsol replica suit right now... its crazy how much attention you get when you ride... looks good on the track and no doubt turn every head on the street... crash wise i have yet to try.
I have one for the Casey Stoner replica. almost same specs...
here are some pictures

where did you get the alpinestars suit /???????????

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Thanks for the advise ~ i am talking about the sponsor logos on the leather suit ~
You caught me offguard, as I've never heard of using vinyl on leathers. I guess if it was really thick you could sew some on, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts