Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today and the clutch was engaging very close to the bar. It was ok on the last ride yesterday.

When I got to a stop I had a look around and noticed my clutch fluid was all gone. The bike has no leaks anywhere and I doubt I had an air bubble big enough to swallow the whole lot of fluid.

Is my slave cylinder dead? If so what should I put on a '00 750ie? I have a Multistrada MC because the SS one was DOA when I got the bike.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Your slave cylinder has internal bleeding. Common failure especially if it is stock but easily replaced.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Your slave cylinder has internal bleeding. Common failure especially if it is stock but easily replaced.
+1

The fluid will run out of the slave past the seal, out the bottom of the sprocket cavity and onto the floor...

New seals are only a matter of a few quid? The standard slave cylinder is pants tho, a new slave is much recommended! ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

The fluid will run out of the slave past the seal, out the bottom of the sprocket cavity and onto the floor...

New seals are only a matter of a few quid? The standard slave cylinder is pants tho, a new slave is much recommended! ;)

The local (ish) dealer in Lincoln has an Oberon one on the shelf so I will pop over tomorrow and pick it up.

I have just gone to the bike and found the "glass" in both clocks has shattered in the heat :confused: I am starting to think I should have listened to all the people that told me not to buy a Ducati :alien:

Thanks for all the help

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
The local (ish) dealer in Lincoln has an Oberon one on the shelf so I will pop over tomorrow and pick it up.

I have just gone to the bike and found the "glass" in both clocks has shattered in the heat :confused: I am starting to think I should have listened to all the people that told me not to buy a Ducati :alien:

Thanks for all the help
They dont break in Texas, and I'll bet our heat greatly exceeds yours.

Someone out to get you.??

bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes they are quirky, and some have more issues than others, but really I could not imagine going back. These bikes have a soul, so did my old KZ-750 after all the work I did, but I had way more problems with that old thing than I do with the Ducati. The slave cylinder has always been a known issue, the aftermarket ones are a great, and not that expensive upgrade. Easier on the hand muscles too.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Someone out to get you.??

bob
Maybe the carbon cans pushed the neighbours over the edge :abduct:

I have heard about the glass cracking on other models with the same clocks if they are left in direct sunlight but since the whole world gets more of that than us there must but another factor as well

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Oberon slave fitted today and the bike is transformed. Anyone know a supplier of OEM seals so I can rebuild the old standard one to keep on the shelf

1 - 10 of 10 Posts