Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out for a ride today and the clutch was engaging very close to the bar. It was ok on the last ride yesterday.

When I got to a stop I had a look around and noticed my clutch fluid was all gone. The bike has no leaks anywhere and I doubt I had an air bubble big enough to swallow the whole lot of fluid.

Is my slave cylinder dead? If so what should I put on a '00 750ie? I have a Multistrada MC because the SS one was DOA when I got the bike.

·
Registered
2020 Diavel 1260S. 2018 Vespa 300 GTS Super
1,988 Posts
Your slave cylinder has internal bleeding. Common failure especially if it is stock but easily replaced.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Your slave cylinder has internal bleeding. Common failure especially if it is stock but easily replaced.
+1

The fluid will run out of the slave past the seal, out the bottom of the sprocket cavity and onto the floor...

New seals are only a matter of a few quid? The standard slave cylinder is pants tho, a new slave is much recommended! ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
+1

The fluid will run out of the slave past the seal, out the bottom of the sprocket cavity and onto the floor...

New seals are only a matter of a few quid? The standard slave cylinder is pants tho, a new slave is much recommended! ;)

The local (ish) dealer in Lincoln has an Oberon one on the shelf so I will pop over tomorrow and pick it up.

I have just gone to the bike and found the "glass" in both clocks has shattered in the heat :confused: I am starting to think I should have listened to all the people that told me not to buy a Ducati :alien:

Thanks for all the help

·
Premium Member
1,198 Posts
The local (ish) dealer in Lincoln has an Oberon one on the shelf so I will pop over tomorrow and pick it up.

I have just gone to the bike and found the "glass" in both clocks has shattered in the heat :confused: I am starting to think I should have listened to all the people that told me not to buy a Ducati :alien:

Thanks for all the help
They dont break in Texas, and I'll bet our heat greatly exceeds yours.

Someone out to get you.??

bob

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes they are quirky, and some have more issues than others, but really I could not imagine going back. These bikes have a soul, so did my old KZ-750 after all the work I did, but I had way more problems with that old thing than I do with the Ducati. The slave cylinder has always been a known issue, the aftermarket ones are a great, and not that expensive upgrade. Easier on the hand muscles too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.