Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all
where can I find to buy this handlebar?? (see photo)
I criss cored the net.. I do found something about "clubman bars" and that's it.

I wanna but this handlebar for my SF

where can I find it?

P,s - in the photo you can see that the bar is installed on Monster, I believe the monster and the streetfighter shear same handle bars - correct ?
10X

Attachments

·
Registered
278 Posts
Those bars are made by suburban machinery. But I have some bad news for you I have already inquired about those bars. They are no longer making those bars and have been discontinued. They do have a blueprint with the dimensions of the bar on there website if you wanted to have one fabricated though. Hope this helps you.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nooooooooooooo :(

thanks for the help my friend.

by the way.. for the next searches - do the monster handle bar fit to the SF?
all monsters ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I checked it .... this model of handlebar call "M4" - and like you say dennisnyc40 -this model is no longer available
it was made for monster 1000, 1100 and SF with 1 1/8"

hoooooooooo :(

do you guys now for something that looks like r near to that handlebar?
I like it a lot

thanks

·
Vendor
525 Posts
I criss cored the net.. I do found something about "clubman bars" and that's it.
That "style" of bar is called a "clubmans" style, the defining points being that they mimic the location of clip-ons, mount in the normal bar clamps and of course are higher.

The clubman's first came out in the 60's (I think).

The idea was that you get a close to clip-ons location but not so low that you couldn't ride around on the street etc. So a MC club member could get kinda racy but still ride to work.

That particular "design" is pretty nice but I can see that they probably did not sell a lot as the angles would not work well for vintage bikes (appearance-wise) as the vintage bikes look better with curves etc.

So, keep looking for clubman designs and also look at what Magura has. I have a set of Magura bars on my Norton Commando that were made for the BMW R90S and they are a nice and tight design and mount in the bar clamps.

HTH

Reactions: ELK

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
motolectric - I did not knew that clubman style, it was interesting what you written, and will help me a lot with my search

I will look also for thus Magura bars.. hoping to find same styles or "z" styles...

the bike is sport , but the heart is still custom - LOL

thank u for the help.

Duc soup- you are so right :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
donger - this Is very very interesting.... its do a clip-ons but can be adjustable... so the potion can be higher compare to regular clip-ons - and this is good. I will have to check if it have a room for all the instrumants + the mirrors... (at the panigale mirror is on the fering)

anyway - another option is the RIZOMA 015b (on black of course :) )- that 015 was made for BMW but the Measurements looks o.k for the SF- and I like the style of that bar, I have similar style on my VMAX - flat and 11 degrees.

Universal Handlebars by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -

another option - I just got an email from SUBURBAN MACHINERY - they stop make the 1 1/8 inch center-tube, and now they have only the 7/8 inch diameter. they suggested that I used a reducer sleeve. I did not saw that sleeve before and I will have to check that.
but I am not sure that the narrow 7/8 will look good as the fat 1 1/8 bar was... I will have to think about it.

now its look like the rizoma is the easye and simple solution

**I will need to drill some howls

what do u think?

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
donger - this Is very very interesting.... its do a clip-ons but can be adjustable... so the potion can be higher compare to regular clip-ons - and this is good. I will have to check if it have a room for all the instrumants + the mirrors... (at the panigale mirror is on the fering)

anyway - another option is the RIZOMA 015b (on black of course :) )- that 015 was made for BMW but the Measurements looks o.k for the SF- and I like the style of that bar, I have similar style on my VMAX - flat and 11 degrees.

Universal Handlebars by Rizoma Bikes Accessories -

another option - I just got an email from SUBURBAN MACHINERY - they stop make the 1 1/8 inch center-tube, and now they have only the 7/8 inch diameter. they suggested that I used a reducer sleeve. I did not saw that sleeve before and I will have to check that.
but I am not sure that the narrow 7/8 will look good as the fat 1 1/8 bar was... I will have to think about it.

now its look like the rizoma is the easye and simple solution

**I will need to drill some howls

what do u think?
Wait, I thought you said this was for your SF? lol

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I just ordered the drag bars from Bellissimoto. I will upload pics after install.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And I just order it from ebay (the MA015B) - and upload when I will have it :)

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
I have my bars! I will be installing them today hopefully. Here is a picture with the MA005B currently installed and the Drag Bars above so you can see the bend difference. I think there going to be awesome.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
It's been raining:crying:. They feel good sitting in the garage:grin2:.

·
Registered
32 Posts
YankeeNSouth, you're a Streetfighter pilot after my own heart. I've been thinking a LOT about dragbars lately. Loved them on my old Harley, but the SF riding position certainly isn't similar... Plus I can be a real sore-wrist wimp. But those look so damn good! I'll be excited to see more angles and hear your thoughts once you get to try them some.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Drag Bars installed!

They look good. Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or do you not use mirrors?

I am looking for a Rizoma mirror that will raise and pull back my riding posture at the same time. Anyone have info on which one has worked out best for a SF848? I prefer to keep stock cables if possible as a cost saving measure.

·
Premium Member
899 Posts
Here is some more pictures. They definitely feel different I need to put some miles on her to see if I'm going to like it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts