Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need the 2 screws,the washer and the cover.

they are expensive on the ducati website, 15 euro shipping, 18 euro for the screw LMAO, is it gold plated?

i need 18, 14, 15, 11

·
Registered
74 Posts
ok and? i don't see how that justifies a shitty screw costing 18 euro, just ducati being ducati
Well I would say that screw is pretty specialized. You could always wait and watch for used parts come up or, just buy the appropriate sized standard bolts, proper sized drill bit, and tap for the small screw. Drill the end of the bolt, tap it, and there you go you could save a ton of money. If you cant do it yourself find a local machinist and they could make them for you. Either way you go I guarantee you would be better off sucking it up and buying new.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I have all those. The only problem is the plates aren't matched. You pay shipping and they're yours. I can send pics tomorrow. Now, I'm off to bed.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Oh, and the plates may not work. What swingarm do you have; steel or aluminum? Pretty sure they use different plates. Screws are the same.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh, and the plates may not work. What swingarm do you have; steel or aluminum? Pretty sure they use different plates. Screws are the same.
i think steel, i'm not sure, but judging by how hard it is i'd say it's stainless steel

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I would say that screw is pretty specialized. You could always wait and watch for used parts come up or, just buy the appropriate sized standard bolts, proper sized drill bit, and tap for the small screw. Drill the end of the bolt, tap it, and there you go you could save a ton of money. If you cant do it yourself find a local machinist and they could make them for you. Either way you go I guarantee you would be better off sucking it up and buying new.
i wanna buy it used, but i'm not sure what i should look for, putting in the codes didn't find me anything... on ducati it would cost me 83 euro in total. wtf!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Upper plate is a later, thicker one. Earlier one is below with 'DUCATI' cast into it. The early ones broke when wrench-turning gorillas had their way with things.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
plate for aluminum swingarm. you mentioned 'stainless'. no such animal. post a pic and fill out your profile.

Attachments

·
Registered
176 Posts
ok and? i don't see how that justifies a shitty screw costing 18 euro, just ducati being ducati
Well start manufacturing them yourself and see what goes into it. They make them carry inventory distribute via dealers, and are on hand rof when you happen to want them. Sounds cheap when you start to cost all of that. OK and?

·
Registered
397 Posts
Upper plate is a later, thicker one. Earlier one is below with 'DUCATI' cast into it. The early ones broke when wrench-turning gorillas had their way with things.
I may be wrong, but I think those are for the steel swingarmed Monster. My '97 had an aluminum swingarm and came with these end caps, which I subsequently replaced with cf caps.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
I may be wrong, but I think those are for the steel swingarmed Monster. My '97 had an aluminum swingarm and came with these end caps, which I subsequently replaced with cf caps.
and I said as much in my first posts (post #7, exactly). the OP hasn't said or shown what he's working with.

·
Registered
397 Posts
i think steel, i'm not sure, but judging by how hard it is i'd say it's stainless steel
You can determine whether your swingarm is steel or aluminum by touching it with a magnet. As SP3 said, no such thing as a stainless steel swingarm for a Monster.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well start manufacturing them yourself and see what goes into it. They make them carry inventory distribute via dealers, and are on hand rof when you happen to want them. Sounds cheap when you start to cost all of that. OK and?
deny that you must be a
LOL, this kid trying to jusfity a bolt that costs 0.1 cent to manufacture, Ducati inflate prices x10, they are 0.20 cent at my local hardware shop lmao, this kid.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i found it for cheap on ebay 30 euro for cover+bolt

anyone knows where i can find the screw tcei m3x8? i need 2 of em and 1 washer

1 - 20 of 37 Posts