Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might need a few things unfortunately...possibly heads, cams, maybe more. Not sure of the damage yet. Any help on where I can start looking to get ready for the damage would be great guys. I know that I should know what I need exactly, but I just want to have a head start.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not totally sure yet. Oiling problem. The guy has not gotten into it just yet, but that is what we are guessing.

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
EEk... My oil pressure sending unit went pop today on the track. Scared the living shit out of me when my dash board started flashing "oil"! I'm glad it was just the sending unit and a quick fix (stuck a screw in the hole) :rolleyes:

Umm, in terms of 749R parts. Ebay usually has lots of'em, right now its kinda dry, but there were 2 motors parted recently, one in france and one in the US, which both were posted on there.

I'm actually looking for a spare 749R motor at this time because I don't wanna be left in the cold when my motor (which incidentally I run at 12k rpm) goes pop.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
EEk... My oil pressure sending unit went pop today on the track. Scared the living shit out of me when my dash board started flashing "oil"! I'm glad it was just the sending unit and a quick fix (stuck a screw in the hole) :rolleyes:

Umm, in terms of 749R parts. Ebay usually has lots of'em, right now its kinda dry, but there were 2 motors parted recently, one in france and one in the US, which both were posted on there.

I'm actually looking for a spare 749R motor at this time because I don't wanna be left in the cold when my motor (which incidentally I run at 12k rpm) goes pop.
Can you link me? I have not seen these. It would be much appreciated bc I think mine might have gone pop already...

·
Banned
11,256 Posts
Can you link me? I have not seen these. It would be much appreciated bc I think mine might have gone pop already...
As I said, its pretty dry on Ebay right now. Both those two motors which were parted, seem to be missing off ebay at this exact moment.

Unless you dropped a belt OR cracked the casings, you shouldn't be buying used parts anyway. The motor should only need new bearings and an entire re-build to get it rollin' again. Even something like an oil pump, should be bought new. Obviously if your casings are trashed or your heads have cracks in them, thats a totally different story. In that case, Ebay is your friend.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As I said, its pretty dry on Ebay right now. Both those two motors which were parted, seem to be missing off ebay at this exact moment.

Unless you dropped a belt OR cracked the casings, you shouldn't be buying used parts anyway. The motor should only need new bearings and an entire re-build to get it rollin' again. Even something like an oil pump, should be bought new. Obviously if your casings are trashed or your heads have cracks in them, thats a totally different story. In that case, Ebay is your friend.
Cool, thanks.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
A site sponsor, gothamcycles, may have secondhand bits and bops in stock if you need it (hopefully not)

SF

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A site sponsor, gothamcycles, may have secondhand bits and bops in stock if you need it (hopefully not)

SF
Thank you. I was looking at there inventory online, they did not have many 749R parts, but maybe they don't have everything listed either.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
post a ''want'' ad here .you may be suprised by the results

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
is there anything different about the frame/chassis besides suspension between the 999R and the 749R?
Not that I know of.

·
Premium Member
2,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
post a ''want'' ad here .you may be suprised by the results
Will do, I will after monday when I hear back from the shop on exactly what I need to get.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts