Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea when Angles Crest will open all the way through? I enter it via Wrightwood and it is only open for the first 6 miles.

·
Registered
698 Posts
They have a photo of the "missing" road at Newcomb's Ranch. Not to be too gloomy but when you see it you have to wonder if they'll ever open it again, especially as they can't seem to fix a single pot hole on the rest of the highway.

·
Registered
364 Posts
No idea....but two weekends ago, there was a fatality, so expect to see a ton of cops, especially our beloved moto officer Stokes. A few tips about him...he will cut you off (turn a left in front of you) and then subsequently give you a ticket. He will not go over 80. If you are an experienced rider, you can lose him (but don't kill yourself trying to do so).

·
Registered
189 Posts
Becareful trying to out run any cop, especially on the Crest.
It is extremely hard to out run an airplane, helicopter, or even the radio.
The Crest is a dead end road right now.... It would be extremely easy to radio ahead that you are coming down the Crest and have another cop waiting for you.

If you think a ticket for speeding is bad.... wait till they catch you for failure to yield, speeding, reckless driving... and God only knows what else they will tack on for you and if you wreck into someone else while trying to get away... stand by, life as you know it is over. :(

I'll take my ticket and just piss and moan about it... :D

·
Registered
364 Posts
My996

I wholeheartedly agree with you. I am not one to even attempt to run from a cop. Not worth the risk to me and I know that I am not that good of a rider yet to even try to attempt to do so. To me, its never an option. I just know that some up there have and if that's your decision, best of luck to you. Also, there are cops everywhere up there and the radio transmissions up there are numerous per minute, so I just know that if I am going to the crest, I am not going to push it that hard at all, and am just mainly going to enjoy the scenery, not drag the knee.

Last time I was up there, there was a guy who had a radar jammer and a scanner, and we were listening to it at the gas station at the base, and they are really patrolling the crest hard. Also, the choppers seem to be on standby up there, so....like I said, outrunning is never an option for me. I usually take the tact that I can talk to the cop, reason with him/her and talk my way out of it. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but I seem to have a decent success rate.

·
Registered
189 Posts
How is the Angeles Forest Road ???

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Good, I'm glad I delayed a run down there til June then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts