Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard about the new Strada Aperta replacing the MTS...will there be a new a Hyper soon too? Looking to pick up an S soon, but dont want any surprises, after I pull the trigger. Thx for any insight on it.

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have heard about the new Strada Aperta replacing the MTS...will there be a new a Hyper soon too? Looking to pick up an S soon, but dont want any surprises, after I pull the trigger. Thx for any insight on it.
What new features would sway from current versions being offered?? 3-4 years is usually the norm with little changes. Except for the 1098/1198 series

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont get me wrong, I really like th HM right out of the box..just curious, so that I make an informed decision. The only really improvement that comes to mind would be to perhaps lighten it up a bit, but that might be too costly for Ducati anyway.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Dont get me wrong, I really like th HM right out of the box..just curious, so that I make an informed decision. The only really improvement that comes to mind would be to perhaps lighten it up a bit, but that might be too costly for Ducati anyway.
you would be surprised how much weight you can knock of a hyper just cost$$$$$$$ ive knocked bout 30lbs since ive bought it in 08 $5000 to 7000 in mods later.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
better forks offered on all models would be great! Offer ohlins on the S and KYB's on the standard.

·
Home of vortex tuning
1,648 Posts
There is another round of stricter emissions coming in 2010 brought to you by the EPA

·
Registered
605 Posts
There is another round of stricter emissions coming in 2010 brought to you by the EPA
I'm wondering how much farther this can go on the air cooled engines. Ridability is already compromised.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
New Ducati Hypermotard 796 for 2010

It looks like for 2010 the Hypermotard family will grow to include a smaller sibling in a similar vein to the Monster family. Reports indicate that Ducati is planning to introduce a Hypermotard 796 at the EICMA show this November. Details here

·
Registered
970 Posts
OK, please indulge me.. this is strictly my curiosity asking!

Considering a 2010 M696 is currently priced in the US at $8995 MSRP and assuming nothing changes with the HYM1100 base model still priced at $11995 MSRP. If they do introduce a smaller Hyper here in the US, how much over a 696 should it be priced at? Again assuming it would hopefully be equivalently equipped to a M696, ie Showa forks, radial calipers etc..

M696 $8995 (2010 MSRP)
HYM*** $ ??
HYM1100 $11995 (2009 MSRP)

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
I think it should also be priced around 9 grand, 9500 at the most. Any more than that and they're stupid. Why should it cost any more than a 696 anyway? It's not a "better" bike, just different...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts