Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Become creative and start drawing and cutting reflective vinyls to stick on your white helmet. (work in progress)

·
Registered
346 Posts
When it's cold you . . . suit up and keep riding! Year-round, rain or shine, the bike's the way. Sorry, I don't have time to spruce up my helmet 'cause I'm going riding. But that does look kinda cool.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its easier in California. Its nasty here in Jersey, this year does not look any better than last. High 50s during the day Low 30s at night; thats before the chill factor.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
If there's ice on the roads....yeah - I won't ride.

But I'd rather commute on a bike than I would be stuck in a cage.

Now, I'm not exactly going to look forward to a 300 mile ride when it's 45 degrees outside....;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thank you Moto.

Revnh knows what I'm talking about. Time to wax my snowboard.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Cool stickers.

I feel for you guys with a definable "riding season". We really don't have one up here in the Pacific Northwest. Even in the dead of winter, we will generally have a nice enough day to get out for at least a short ride. I have never "winterized" a street bike in my entire 32 years of riding them. Battery tender for a week or two, but that's about the extent of it. None of my helmets have cool stickers, though...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can always make them for ya! All I need is the a picture or a concept, some vinyls of your choice in color and effect then size and Waalah!

Magic! All hand drawn and cut too! So you'll never have the same thing!
(heres a business idea)

·
Premium Member
58 Posts
If there's ice on the roads....yeah - I won't ride.

But I'd rather commute on a bike than I would be stuck in a cage.

Now, I'm not exactly going to look forward to a 300 mile ride when it's 45 degrees outside....;)
Down here in Atlanta, we have mild winters. We do get some evil ice storms now and again. I'm with you JDuc, as long as there is no ice, I'm riding regardless of the temp. Below zero no big. I love my Widder gear!

I can always make them for ya! All I need is the a picture or a concept, some vinyls of your choice in color and effect then size and Waalah!

Magic! All hand drawn and cut too! So you'll never have the same thing!
(heres a business idea)
Hey I might take you up on that. I have an Icon that has scrape damage from a low speed tumble. I would love to turn them into slash or claw marks as from a tiger. Hmmmm.....:think:

·
Señor Member
8,078 Posts
From now through the rest of winter in the High Desert of SoCal the nights can be pretty cold. Since I work night shift I won't ride to work, I just don't have the gear for it. But I still get plenty of daytime rides. I would like a tri-color small winged D for the back of my helmet, preferably in reflective tape.

"in God we trust"

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bushido and Redpato. I'd be more than happy to do that for you guys. But I'm lacking in supply. As long as I have those I'd be more than happy to cut them out for ya to a size. If you have a picture in mind or free hand it, I could send you some samples I'll draw up later for ya.

Bushido how big of an area would you like to cover? I have black and red reflectives as of now. Should be enough for some slash or claw marks. Check your msg box.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update on the left side and new rear.

Pardon the rush on the D wing. Will adjust it tomorrow after work.

(One ordered by a forum member already!)

·
Registered
127 Posts
When it's cold I ...

... find out once again that the FCR's were an awesome investment! After multiple days of sub 32F starts with humidty between 20 and 60 % I have experienced no carb icing with the FCRs. This was by far my biggest gripe with the stock 900SS. In addition to the kick in the pants that one feels when twisting the throttle, this is a great bonus! Oh yeah and my fuel economy has seemed to improve slightly.

96SP

·
Registered
265 Posts
When it is cold you...

Here in Tennessee, you just ride! This is the primo time of year here. All three of my bikes are wired to hook up electric garments. I cannot recommend expedition weight poly underwear and a Warm-N-Safe or Gerbing jacket liner with a Heat Troller high enough. Also, I used to think heated grips were for sissies. I got wise. Dual Star heated grips can be had for about $26 using your stock grips with little or no weight or apperance change. Also, my ST has a heated Corbin SEAT that came with the bike and I love that thing on really cold days!

·
Registered
16 Posts
When it's cold I...

I live in FL so our riding season is from January 1st to January 1st... I spend my non-riding time (i.e. Hurricane Season) Sitting in the living room with all my gear on playing Moto GP on Playstation... Alas, still not the same though.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Would anyone else like some decals? All custom. I'm in the process of sending two.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts