Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

When buying extra wheels

3364 Views 10 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  st2lemans
Looking into buying extra wheels for my trackbike. Want to replace really the stock 3-spokers. I doubt I would ever use the 3 spokers again as I can't imagine wanting to use them after going either the stock OEM 5 spoke or forged March aluminum 10 spoke route. The question then is what about brake rotors and all the other junk that is normally on the wheel?

If I lean towards always using the new wheels I get I assume I can just have all the stuff transferred over to the new wheels. Everything should be compatible?

If I decide to get stuff so that I have 2 sets of wheels ready to go I've heard not to buy used rotors. So I guess looking for advice if I go down this path.

Remember price matters since this is a track bike. So no Braketech rotors or anything like that.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Chilehead
6,870 Posts
I've got full-floating cast-iron Discacciatis on my ST2, with which I use Ferodo CP911* pads (on the street).

On my SS, I have the original SS with full-floater buttons and EBC-HH pads, but will probably go to CMC diks when the BSTs arrive.

I keep touring tires on the OEM rims, with a second set of disks/bearings, so it's a quick swap.

Tom

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.