Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

i have problem on pictures below my speedo drive contacts wheel where it should not.

This is new speedo drive last one was doing same thing and after a while outer ring where dust seal rubs started to rotate because plastic around has melted.

Am i missing something?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Look closly second picture. There is no mo rubber on dust seal at the tip of the sisors. It looks like my speedo gear goes too far into the rim and also on the first picture things at the end of the sisors are grinding when everything is in place

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
Are the bearings pressed in correctly? Not off set just a bit?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the bearings pressed in correctly? Not off set just a bit?
I never touched the bearings since i bought the bike. Can you offset bearings ? Usualy all wheels have a lip that stops bearing when it is seated properly

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
I never touched the bearings since i bought the bike. Can you offset bearings ? Usualy all wheels have a lip that stops bearing when it is seated properly

Just a thought. You're right about the inner lip, or seat, for the bearing. Odd issue though.

You have the axle, with the larger end on the right, the actual spacer between the two bearings, inner races of both bearings and the inner part / spacer of the speedo drive that make up the solid stack of parts pulled tight by the axel nut and used to secure the whole works to the forks. If that speedo drive is going in too far as you think it might be, something is goofy with that stack of parts making up the axel.

·
Premium Member
5,656 Posts
That was my other thought. Yes 12mm. 25x47x12.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
How much torque are you putting on the axle nut on install?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts